S.O.S.

Help! - The Beatles

T  H  E    M  A  S  S  A  C  R  E    A T     H A W K  I  N  S   L A B   P  T

T H E M A S S A C R E A T H A W K I N S L A B   P  T . I I

We were still trekking the woods. Steve and I decided that it was best if we split up. He would be in the back of the group to keep an eye on them while I was up with the girls. Nancy was leading the way.

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something just slightly less creepy?" Robin asked.

"It's sadly easier to be concealed in the woods than a road." I noted.

"I think we're getting close." Nancy reassured her. "We're almost out of here. Don't worry."

"Besides, if we had went the road route, it would have taken longer. Unless, we go into the station wagon. Do cars work here?" I thought aloud. "That would be a fun drive. I call dibs on driving."

"I would like to get out of here alive, thanks." Nancy released a chuckle.

"I don't know, I feel like we would kind of need Dawn's crazy ass driving skills to get to your house Wheeler." Robin shrugged.

"There would be no traffic laws I would need to obey." I smirked, already liking the idea. "No people walking the street. I would actually be encourage to hit or run over any monsters."

"Ten points for everyone one you hit. A hundred thousand if you hit Vecna." Robin nudged my shoulder. "That would be a sight to see."

"A hundred thousand?" Nancy raised a brow.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is that too many points for you?" Robin placed her arms on her hip and tilted her head.

"I was thinking more like a million points, you know?" Nancy gave us a sly grin. "For all the trouble we've been through the past couple of days."

"That sounds reasonable." I nodded. "I hope the boys and Max are okay. I wonder if they know we're here."

"I'm sure they'll figure it out if they haven't already." Robin placed a hand on my shoulder. "They're smart kids."

"And they know how to handle themselves. I know they'll protect Max." Nancy added.

There was a snap further behind us. A monstrous shriek followed right after. We stopped and turned around to see that Eddie and Steve had done the same. My hand itched toward my machete out of instinct.

"Let's keep moving." Nancy urged us.

We all started to walk again. I surveyed our surroundings as a precaution. My hand was only centimeters away from my machete incase we needed it.

"So," Robin look at me with a sly smirk, "you and Steve, huh?"

"What?" I blinked at her.

"You two have been saying the three words a lot these past couple of days." Nancy smiled, a twinkle of mischievousness in her eyes. "You two are getting pretty serious."