Evil Russians?

All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie

▸All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie

T H E  M A L L  R A T S

Early the next morning, I was woken up by Dustin roughly shaking my arm. I groaned and slapped his hands away. Grabbing the edge of my comforter, I pulled it closer to my chin and turned to my other side.

"Dawn, come on!" Dustin grumbled. "I discovered something that you and Danny need to know."

"Is it something life threatening?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

"Uh, I don't know."

"Is someone dead?"

"Not that I know of."

"Is it supernatural?"

"No."

"Then wait to explain it when my alarm goes off." I waved him away.

Dustin sighed. I snuggled into my fluffy pillow and was about to drift back to sleep, but my alarm went off. My eyes snapped open as I gritted my teeth. I sat up and turned to face a grinning Dustin.

"Fine. What is your discovery?" I yawned.

"I intercepted a message from the Russians on Cerebro." Dustin informed.

"Wait, what?" I blinked at him.

"And I got the message right here." Dustin took out a tape recorder from us pocket and waved it around. "Let's wake up Danny and go see Steve."

"Why won't you let us hear the message?" Danny asked Dustin.

We had arrived at the mall a few minutes ago. Dustin was excited to see Steve again. Over the year, the two had bonded. It was always heartwarming to see the two reunite.

"Because I want you guys to listen to it with Steve." Dustin replied in a "duh" tone.

"Alright, let's hurry this up so we can listen to this." I picked up my pace.

"She just wants to make out with Steve." Danny loudly whispered to Dustin.

Dustin laughed.

"That isn't...all that true." I pouted.

"Don't worry, you two can make out all you want afterwards." Dustin patted my back.

I sent him a glare. He only responded back with a large grin. The three of us entered the ice cream parlor. Dustin eagerly walked up behind the older couple.

"Hi." Dustin greeted Robin after the customers in front of him left.

"Hi." Robin replied.

"I'm Dustin." He introduced himself.