Radio Talk

Africa - Toto

T H E  B A T H T U B  P T

T H E  B A T H T U B  P T . 2

The ride back to the Byer's home was silent and awkward. The kids were worn out and seemed to be in a state of shock. Hopper tried to bring up a conversation over what happened and what we knew.

"Can we talk about this when we get to the house please?" I asked, staring out the window. We were almost to the Byer's home, turning down the dirt road. "You said that my brother, Nancy, and Johnathon explained what we did, right?"

"Yeah. They have this theory-"

"The blood drawing it out?" I turned to face the chief. "I think it's true too."

"We'll talk about that in the house as well. I have a feeling these kids know more than what they let on." Hopper pulled up in front of the house, the lights of the car illuminating it. he had parked next to Danny's and I's car. As we started to exist the car and slam the doors shut, the house door flew open with familiar faces rushing out.

"Mike. Oh, my God. Mike!" Nancy ran past Johnathon towards her brother and wrapped him in a hug. I closed my door, Dustin waiting by my side. A mop of curly hair closed the house door and sigh in relief. "I was so worried about you."

"Yeah, uh...me, too." Mike awkwardly said. Danny swiftly went to us.

"When I dropped you off at home, I thought you were going to stay there." Danny scolded me. I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"Mom hid the junk food and I was in desperate need to eat, okay? I just had bad timing." I sheepishly admitted. "Besides, someone needed to watch out for these guys."

"And you." Danny narrowed his eyes at Dustin who gave him a nervous grin. "What the hell did I tell you about going out with your friends alone?"

"But I wasn't alone. Dawn was with us." Dustin smart assed. Danny smacked Dustin in the head before pulling the both of us into a hug.

"You are both idiots." Danny muffled out. "Glad to know you are both okay."

"Love you too, Danny." I beamed, hugging my two brothers.

"Is that my dress?" Nancy asked. Pulling apart from each other, we all turned to look at Eleven. She looked at her friends, unsure of what to say.

"Doesn't matter. She looks pretty in it." I sent the young girl a smile. El blushed, looking at the ground as a smile grew on her lips. The boys all grinned.