Honest Words

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey

  T  H  E   P  I  G  G  Y  B  A  C  K         P  T

  T H E   P I G G Y B A C K P T . I

It was dark out by now. Steve had parked the RV a little away from Eddie's trailer at the side of the road since we stole it from his neighbors. We were all geared up, ready to go inside the gate walked through the woods to conceal ourselves. Once we had broken through the trees, we jogged towards the trailer. Steve was the one to open the door for all of us once we made it to Eddie's trailer.

Steve went in first. He turned on the light and moved out of the way for us. I followed in next, eyeing the gate as I walked deeper into the trailer. Steve shrugged off his backpack as the others gathered in.

"Be careful." Dustin told Steve.

"Thanks, buddy." Steve gave Dustin's shoulder a pat before walking to the makeshift rope hanging from the gate. He grasped the fabric, looking up into the gate. "Here goes nothing."

Steve climbed the rope. When he crossed to the other side, he paused. I furrowed my brows as he flipped his body and let go of the rope. He landed on his feet and looked up at us before walking away.

"Whoa. What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin sarcastically muttered, glancing between Nancy and I.

I bit back a laugh, nudging Robin. She gave me a smile. Dustin moved to stand by me. Steve had brought a mattress from the other side and laid it beneath the gate.

"Alright." Steve stepped onto the mattress. He grasped the rope and looked up at us. "Let's go."

I took off my backpack. Robin knelt down and gave me a nod. I stepped on Robin's thigh as I grabbed onto the rope for a boost. I started to climb up the rope, passing through the gate. My hair fell down, causing me to scold myself for not putting it into a ponytail. Steve smiled at me when he saw my anger faced. I huffed and let go of the rope. I fell onto the mattress with a grunt.  Steve extended a hand out toward me.

"I gotcha." Steve helped me to my feet.

"Thanks." I stepped off of the mattress so someone else could go next.

I gave his hand a squeeze and kissed his cheek. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Soon, our bags fell onto the mattress besides us.

"Save the smooching for later!" Dustin called out, laughs from the other side broke through.

"Funny. Real funny Dustin." Steve grumbled as he grabbed a hold of our bags.

Nancy fell down next, followed by Eddie. I helped Nancy while Steve helped Eddie. We helped gather their stuff when it fell after them. My hands started to fiddle with the Walkman, debating if I should place them on yet. This was the area Vecna had a hood on me last time.