PROLOGUE

Algea Series #1: The Chase Escape

Author's note: For those who want to know why it was called Algea Series, this is for you. According to my research, Algea is the personification of pain and suffering of both mind and soul, grief, sorrow, and distress. In short explanation, I called it Algea Series because of the pain it will deliver to you as you read it so keep your emotions and mind intact as you read this relatable series. It may be related to a true story or not but it's up to your perspective, reader!

Names, characters, business, events, and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, is purely coincidental. This novel's story is somehow related to someone while the characters remain fictitious.

This story is not affiliated with BHC/hospitals/companies/organizations that will be mentioned ahead.

This story is unedited. Be mindful of the grammatical errors because the author is not the master of stories and concluded to have mistakes including the confusion of the use of 'ng' and 'nang'. I will be back to revise this once the Algea Series is finished, so please bear with me until the end of the chapters.

--------

GENRE: Romance

--------

R18 Alert. Please be advised that this story contains mature themes and strong language that are not suitable for very young audiences. Read at your own risk.

--------

TW: Wounds and Blood

"Nurse Gonzales, some patient was rushed to the ER. You need to go there now!"

Someone from my group went to me and called me. I rushed into the ER without any questions and entered it. I saw five men inside bleeding. Two men have abrasions and three of them got lacerations on different parts of their bodies. Thankfully, they don't have any lacerations on their faces. Obviously, what happened to them?

I helped in treating the new patients. I remove the first aids in their body and replaced it with the right treatment and bandages. After that, the two men who just got abrasions can stand up for themselves and the other three were moved to different rooms since they cannot still move from the lacerations they have. It was bleeding in the ER when I arrived a while ago. That's why we replaced the sheets of the beds for the moment before I proceed to the doctor in charge in the ER to ask what happened to the patients for my nurse report.

"Doctor Chavez!"

Lumingon siya sa tawag ko at hininto ang pagsusulat sa papel na nasa clipboard na hawak niya. He is wearing a light blue button up shirt with his coat on top of it. Also, his stethoscope is around his neck for obvious purposes.

"What happened to the patients?" I asked without even thinking twice. I need to be sure what happened to the patients before going back to the nurse station.

"Oh, Nurse Gonzales, you helped with the procedures?" he asked unbelievably.

"Yes, Doctor Chavez, but can you answer my question? What happened to them?"

"There is an accident. It occurred in the construction nearby and they're the mechanical engineers assigned under their head engineer. But one of their equipment malfunctioned and the three engineers got stuck in the scene while the other two were just been around and were also got struck. Natamaan kasi ng equipment ang wires na malapit sa paanan ng tatlong engineers na nagkaroon ng laceration  sa katawan and they've gotten deep. Masyado yatang naging malakas ang impact ng pagpalo sa kanila ng wire. Buti na lang at wala pang kuryenteng dumadaloy sa wire noong natamaan sila. Kung hindi, you know what obviously would be the result, Nurse Gonzales." They will be DOA.