02

Nasa byahe na kami para pumasok ulit sa paaralan. As usual, I look outside the car window. I am just wearing a white shirt with a print on it that says 'Canada' with the maple leaf on its side. Elle is wearing a white shirt, too. Also, from Canada but with a different print. It was given to us by our aunt leaving in Canada.

Nadaanan namin ang Vista mall bago makarating sa BHC which is our school. Lolo Ryan entered the school once again and I saw the logo of the school and its name before we entered the arch entrance. It says 'Bataan Heroes Memorial College'. Lolo Ryan parked the car, also closing the engine. He unlocked the doors and we went down.

"Thank you po, Lolo Ryan! Ingat po sa byahe!" pamamaalam ko.

"Magpapa-text na lang ako kay Raniel kung anong oras kayo susunduin at baka ang iba sa inyo ay may agenda pa after ng classes."

Tinanguan namin siya at kumaway na lang habang sinarado na ni Kuya Ranran ang pintuan sa shotgun seat. Umalis na rin si Lolo Ryan pagakatapus 'nun at kami ay pumunta na sa mga silid namin.

Third day and nilipat kami ng upuan. Katabi ko sa kaliwa si Lexie; sa kanan si Ellenie; sa likod si Rain; at sa harapan si Riel. Well, I just shrugged my shoulders when I realized that I'm not close with the other three.

Wala akong ibang ginawa kung hindi mag-code nang mag-code sa pocket notebook ko. I don't have anything to do except for that because I'm not close with any of the three around me except for my sister who has her own world, too.

Napansin kong kinakausap ni Ash si Rain kaya naman napatingin na rin ako. May ginagawa din siyang code katulad namin kaya nakihalubilo na din kami. I'm not an extrovert but I think I need to use my strength on speaking to interact with the others. That's my strength for myself and the confidence that was given to me by my former English teacher in my previous school.

"Mahilig ka din sa codes?" I asked her which made her head turn to my side. Her eyes scream confusion why I asked her but nods after a minute. I gave her a small smile after that. Elle also went to us and yes, this is how my twin sister acts when I have already talked to someone and they have talked back to me. She will just interact with the others after I have already interacted with them. She's really an extrovert.

"Wow paano 'yan? Baka naman turuan mo ako, Rain," sambit ni Ash.

Naging interesado ah.

"Madali lang 'to, " sambit ni Rain at tinuruan si Ash. 

It's just the Ceasar Cipher with the shift of three. Sometimes, she is using it with the shift of four. It's a cipher that was used in the military to protect messages from enemies. If you are going to use it with the shift of three, you just need to list the alphabet letters A to Z without the letter Ñ and replace the letter C with the letter A. And so on, replace the other alphabets coming after letter with the letters coming after letter A.

Nagkakasundo na kaming apat nang dumating ang isang babae. Tinanong ko kung anong pangalan niya pero inirapan niya lang ako.

Attitude ka, girl? Ako kaya magtaray sayo? I rolled my eyes.

I tried asking again and thank, God, she answered me in my preferred way.

"Itatanong ko ulit. Anong pangalan mo?" I asked feeling a little bit awkward.

"Mariel ang name ko," sagot niya.

Nang tumagal ay okay na rin ang pakikipag-usap niya sa akin. I think ganun lang talaga siya, but I can handle her. I also have that attitude but much worst. 

Maya-maya pa ay dumating na ang adviser namin at pinapapunta na kami sa SHS Building para daw sa pagpapagawa ng ID. Kasama namin si Ash kasi nawala raw ang ID niya last year. Kasama na din namin si Kuya Ranran at si Ate Eri. Kasama din namin sina Rain at Abegail, mga bago rin sila kaya kasama namin. Abegail was the girl who was also late in the first day of school, next to Jason.