Scroll 29

Be The Light

"Death will make me a piece of art. An unbelievable explosion that makes indelible scars on the earth..."
-Deidara

________ ________

"If only I could have put a stop to all this before anything happened. If only I could of got there before he killed his parents. If only I didn't sneak out that night."

After a short pause and a deep breath, I continued, " He didn't have to. He didn't have to do what he did. He didn't have to kill anyone. Why didn't he inform them? Why didn't he defend them? Fight for them? Itachi why didn't you fight for your family!?" His voice brought me out of my 'thinking out loud' state.

"Would you?"

_____***_____

"NAruto?"

Me and Naruto were searching together. I wasn't sure he wanted to talk to me, but I felt he had to know some things. He's been by my side for so long. He's been a good friend. He deserves to know at least that much.

Leaping from one branch to the other Naruto turned his head to face me, "Yeah, Miya-chan?" He replied so sweetly that I almost felt bad for expressing myself so openly back there.

"Can we stop? I need to talk to you." I said hesitantly, dodging out stretched branches.

He nodded and both of us came to a halt. "Can you make it quick, we're going to lose Sasuke and -"

"He's not in this direction. " I interrupted, a little ashamed that I didn't mention it to him sooner.

"What!? Where is he then? We have to go find him" he said pretty rushed.

"Don't worry about it. You have another clone closing in on him." I lied, I had to. I couldn't risk anything at this point, especially now.

Itachi, Konoha shinobi and Sasuke and his team are all in the same region. Things can go really bad, real quick, if I let any of them intertwine.

"Really? Okay then, " he said sitting down on the floor, relaxed and crossed legged. "So what do you want to talk about?"

Like Naruto, like shadow clone. So laid-back.

"You know, whenever I had a problem or just needed someone to talk to, I would usually go talk to one of my male friends, Do you know why?"

"Because you like to pretend to be a tomboy?" He mused as he leaned back against a tree.

"Nooo, because I always felt they understood me better. The girls never bothered to understand. And even if they did, they couldn't help."

I'm not a tomboy...

"You know, I used to talk to Itachi about everything. Even my girly problems. You know hair, dresses, stuff like that. Then it was you, remember in the academy. I would talk non stop. Then it was Eiji. We would usually both talk, he was more a chatter box than I was." I giggled, "Hisoka swore we were twins separated at birth." Smiling, my expression lowered and tone turned soft, " Things were so simple back then." My lids lowered and I took a short pause, "then it was back to you again."I began staring up at the day's blue sky, so sunny. Birds flapping away. "I lost the others, so all I have left is you." Turning towards him I gave a closed eye smile.

He looked like he was thinking. Which is exactly what I wanted. I wanted him to think about what I said and put the pieces together.

"What about Sasuke?" He asked curiously.

It's a start, I guess...

"Wait... Why would you talk to Itachi!?" He was startled by his own realization.