Scroll 14

Can't even

---Fast forward 15 minutes---

"So, let me get this straight..." I was a little puzzled by her whole story. "You and your parents fled from your village, safely,but while running away you all got attacked then, everything went blank... next thing you saw, was me? That's how it went?"

"For the tenth time, Miya, yes..." Ayumi answered with a cheery tone though sounding slightly annoyed, but what can I do, sometimes I'm just, slow.

"So, what's with you and Sasuke?..." Ayumi asked, teasingly.
She clearly wants pay back for bugging her...

"Me and Sasuke are just really good friends."

"Are you sure,"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's just the way you two treat each other..."

"The way we treat each other?" I repeated more confused than ever.

"You two are just too comfortable with each other."

"Too comfortable?"

All her words reminded me, when Sasuke came close to me. Way too close for his own good.

"Nope. We are friends. Just friends..."

"Are you sure?"

"Sure as I've ever been," I said confidently.

"Then your friendship is truly something to be envied."

"I don't get it?"

"It takes a long time before anyone can get that comfortable with someone."

"We've been friends since we were kids, I mean that's like seven, eight years now. If I can't be myself with him, there's no hope for anyone else."

"Exactly." She grinned.

I still don't get it. It's nothing like that...

"Yeah, we're just friends." I said.

"Right Sasuke!" I cupped my hands over my mouth calling out to him. I tried to ignore the questions popping up in my head.

In a flash, he stood in front of the both of us, stopping us in our tracks.

"I'm not your friend." He declared, trying to make his point.

"Ha, you coming all this way here just to say that we're not friends only proves that we are." I argued. "Aw, Sasuke, you consider us friends... finally you admitted it." I was trying to bug him. His annoyance always brought me great joy.

He ignored, his face twitched and he started ahead as usual.

Wait, this isn't the way to the village...

"Sasuke!" I began shouting out. "Where are you taking us? Because if we're heading for the village, we're going the wrong way!"

He stopped, turned around with a clear vibe of  'what-the-h***-did-you-just-say' was written all over his face. "Why didn't you tell me." He snarled.

"Don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't know... it's a pretty clear sentence enough, besides If we were by the the river I'd know where to go, but from here I have no clue."

He was most definitely angry...

"See, Ayumi...you can't call the way we treat each other, 'something to be envied'."