Scroll 24

"You miss him, huh?"he looked directly into my eyes.His softened, sympathetically.

Pursing my lips, I nodded.

"Me too." He confessed.

Silence prevailed for quite a bit of time. The whole atmosphere was calm, serene. The wind brew, rustling leaves. Children's laughter could be heard in the far distance. It was like nature was setting for the discussion that was to follow...

"You know, you're a jerk." He said finally breaking that silence.

...Or maybe not...

That's so rude...

"What did I ever do to you? Why would you say that?" I asked, defensively.

"You left me."
His expression fell.
Eiji never talks about his feelings, I must of really hurt him, but how am I supposed to make it up to him. I can't even think of something to say to comfort him.

 He continued with a sigh, "Satoru Sensei was no different. He left to get rehabilitated soon after you left, wherever you left off to. You remember he broke a couple of bones after our last mission. Well, he hasn't been back since."

Good he's changing the subject... I miss Satoru sensei though. He was honestly the coolest sensei ever!
"Have you heard from him? Like where's he living or where's he been? Anything?"

"No." He looked up to the sky. His hazel eyes, reflected the blue and you could clearly see the change in color.

After some more silence. I decided to ask again.
"What happened that day?" I persisted on the subject.

"You really don't remember?" He looked down to face me with unaccepting eyes.

"No, nothing..." I shook my head, "Everything's a blank." I replied.

After recollecting my thoughts, I wasn't sure I was changing the subject or not. It's just that this has been pestering me in the back of my head. "You asked why I continued to be a regular ol' ninja, right? It's exactly because I don't remember anything about that incident. But Why did you chose to be a teacher? Like you remember what happened and after seeing what could happen..."

" I would never let it be again. Never. Not as long as I live." He interrupted, with a hint of anger in his voice.

'Not as long as I live'.....Why did he have to go and say that...

Staring at him for a while,
Those words for some reason kinda remind me of Kakashi sensei.

"Eiji, can you tell me? Please." I insisted.

"Miya you really don't wanna know." He turned his gaze away from me and back up to the sky.

"Eiji, I know this must be hard for you." I said placing my hand over his. "I didn't want to ask it either, but someone accused me of killing ..." That word was enough to stop me from saying anything further, as soon as I did. I noticed his eyes widenened. His reaction to it rattled my bones, I started trembling because in the back of my head darned thoughts began surfacing.
What's wrong?

He let his gaze meet mine once more.

What is it? What are you trying to tell me? I asked, but only in my head. I couldn't speak... My words were choked in my throat.

Then I realized,
No~ I couldn't have. It can't be true...
He reacted that way because I did kill someone. I don't remember what happened. Maybe~ maybe... I don't remember because I k-i-l-l-e-d Hisoka?...