Scroll 54

About a month passed.

It was almost one month and so much had already happened. The attack on the Kage summit by Taka. Danzo's death. Karin being imprisoned. Well, stabbed first, then imprisoned- I felt bad for her, truly. Me, jeopardizing and putting one of my bestfriends in the line of fire- or water. I provided information to be used against the eight-tailed jinchūriki, exposing Naruto to imminent danger. I needed Itachi's body back and that was one way to get the Akatsuki to hand him over, according to Kabuto- that is. I was wrong and I made mistakes. I found out about the Akatsuki's threat- actually more like, declaration of a Fourth Great Shinobi war. It was overwhelming and all in the span of one month.

But, how can I complain? This is what we signed up for. This is who we are. We are made to make or break ourselves into what we are. Fate shapes us. Transforms us and breaks us, just to create a beautiful mosaic that becomes us. Because, no one destiny is ever the same, neither can the same battle ever be refought.

We are marked by our own fate and only we are destined to face it's chiding touch.

'*'

I jerked up on my bed. I couldn't sleep. My conscience wouldn't let me. I'm so tired. 

It turned out that the girl was right about the Furuigan, up until this morning I haven't been able to think straight because of the illusions and neither was I able to heal properly. How I tested if I was okay? Simple, I would have Suigetsu poke me with senbon needles each day. Crazy, maybe, but the safest way to get an injury.

Today, I was all in my senses to hear about Taka's escapade. I was never well enough to go with them. Mainly my idea to stay back and wait for their return. I knew I would just get in the way. They been through alot. I honestly don't know how they dealt with me.

I stretched out my muscles, soon sensing someone.

 Is he still up?

I sensed Sasuke's chakra out by the lake. I found him sitting near the edge, staring out into the vast cloudless sky. The moon hung over like a chandelier, illuminating everything fortunate enough to fall under her dazzling light. It's reflection riffled in the water, beautifully mesmerizing. A scene from a storybook- fairytale.

I sat down next to Sasuke, hugging my legs, silently gazing at the moon. A cool breeze blew through my hair, allowing some strands to flow.

I just wanted to talk, been wanting to for a long time and at that moment the only person I wanted to talk to was, Sasuke.

"You know, it's strange how everything turned out." I began, placing my chin gently between the gap of my knees.

"I had dreamt how my future would be. What would happen when I got older." I paused between almost all my sentences.

"The things I wanted to happen."

"I had it all planed out."

"For, 'the day of graduation' where all of us would be there."

"Uncle... Mikoto-san, Fugaku-san, Itachi..." I bit lip lightly when I mentioned nii-san, " Me.. you." I continued.

"All of us."

I raised my shoulders for a moment, just imagining, "Uncle being so proud of me on that day. Your parents being beyond proud of you."