Scroll 52

My brain pounding against my skull. The aching feeling flooding into my head. It took a moment for me to open my eyes.

My vision was blurry at first and the bright light startled my eyes. As they adjusted to the white, I realized where I was- in a hospital.

Instantaneously, Naruto hovered over my head grinning from ear to ear. He definitely looked happy, which made me feel happy. I couldn't understand what he was saying. It seemed my senses were taking their time to settle.

I shakily attempted to sit up, gripping both sides of the hospital bed for support. Ekh~ hospitals. I hated the very thought of being in one... I hated being admitted to one. It made me feel so darn useless.

Naruto noticed my attempt and lent me a hand. I smiled and nodded with half- lidded eyes.

Why do I feel so drained?
This never happens.

All of a sudden a shot of pain gushed through my body, piercing at my waist.
I looked down to check and saw bandages.

"How? What? Why hasn't? " questions after questions went off in my head. I jabbered on to myself, until,

"Becareful, you'll tear your stitches." Sakura advised, bringing in a tray with some fruits and what smelled like tea.

Being a little nice to me doesn't change anything.

I couldn't erase that memory and I couldn't forgive her for it either. How could she even have thought of such a thing to begin with? Didn't she love Sasuke? Or was it because she loved him, she tried killing him? 'If she couldn't have him, no one can' kinda thing.
There was really no excuse for what she did or attempted to do. I could have lost Sasuke.

Yes, even though he's recently been through some things and he's lost a lot too. Of course he was going to act the way he does, who wouldn't? This was his family we were talking about. And if Konoha thought that they can do what ever they wanted to keep their village safe, Why couldn't Sasuke do what he wanted to stick by his family when they themselves couldn't do anything about it?

What right did Konohagakure have that Sasuke didn't? He actually had more right.
After all, he is one of the founding father's decent and only heir from his clan.

Sasuke... I took in a deep breath.

"Still haven't gotten over that boy, have you?"

No.

"Wow, no argument? You must be pretty upset."

That and I think I realized something.

"Don't tell me."

I love him.

"I told you not to tell."

Oh, you were serious?

"Doesn't matter, what's with the sudden confession? You've always denied it before."

That's the thing, I denied it. But it was something he did yesterday that made me realize it.

"He enjoyed killing Danzo? Or stabbing his teammate? Or was it-"

You know, I don't care what you think about him. He gave me back the hankie I gave him

"Romantic~ Well, it's a good thing he's still alive then. The pinkhead sure did give him a run for his money, right? ~"

I just knew she was being sarcastic. She couldn't help herself, that's how she was, but what really got to me were her words. Sasuke did come close to death, okay, not really, but because of a selfish, self centered, fangirl. There was still the possibility I could have lost him.