Scroll 49

My eyes slowly fluttered open to greet whatever time of the day it was.

How long have I been sleeping? I yawned, stretching out my stiffened muscles.

Recalling what happened to me when I took upon Sasuke's wound, I should have just let him heal on his own. I definitely regretted it. It hurt, like bad. I did feel sorry that he had to endure that pain, but yeah I'm the idiot who couldn't let him suffer alone. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I cared about Sasuke, yes, but that was literally a hit to the chest. It was pain in its purest form.

I lowered my head to observe my wound- that should have healed by then. I've been blessed with extraordinary healing abilities, though I also saw it as a sneaky little curse. You see, If anyone, smart enough, realizes how much pain they can cause me, just because of my fast healing- I would unquestionably be neck deep in trouble.

I don't like pain, not even in the slightest, I don't even like the thought of physical pain and to actually experience it, that even as a form of torture, would be a life threatening situation for me.

Thankfully, no one's that smart.

Anyways, when my body heals new skin coverts the old one, or in that case- the big crazy hole that I had no idea how either I or Sasuke survived.

On observing, I noticed something, my bandages around my chest were new. That meant someone changed them. Which also meant...

My head shifted to look to my right as I had neglected one very important factor in the room, at that moment and that was, Sasuke. Yup, he was sleeping soundly like a baby, his upper body rested on the bed while he was seated on a chair. My brow twitched, He wouldn't, would he?

I let out a deep sigh, shook my head at how absurd that possibility was and began climbing off the bed. I was going to see if I could get some breakfast done, I didn't care what time it was because I was hungry and after I wake up it's breakfast, so it's breakfast!

On my way to the door, I caught a glance at Sasuke's face. My hand was just itching to slap that serious, angry, annoying expression off, but I controlled myself. Violence is a good solution, but not to everything. It's just that, he always had that look on his face, the 'I don't care', 'life's too serious to even think about enjoying it' expression. It just irritates me to no end, especially that, even in his sleep he can't find peace.

I soon found myself observing him more closely. Strands of his, likely silky-soft, raven hair curtaining half his face. The urge was there, the urge to touch his hair. As long as I can remember, if not longer, I have been obsessed with his hair. I loved it. I envied him.

Maybe once. He won't get mad, he's asleep. Just to remove the hair from his face. Convincing myself, as if it were something dire I had to do. As if I had to remove those strands from his face or it'll ruin his eyesight or something.

I did what I planned and simply removed the fallen strands and placed them back where they belonged- over his head, not on his face.

Sasuke was no more than a friend to me, I realized that now and I realized that then. I realized it, but still questioned it. Did I get too close to him? Was he uncomfortable? Is that why he had his hand was on my waist?
It must be.
Still, a stunt like that could get his hand snapped off. I never took too lightly to subtle gestures as that. They annoyed me, even more knowing it was my best friend.

Putting that a side, I concluded and was certain that Sasuke didn't hate me. How can he when he was the one caring enough to tell me to rest, so I can heal properly. I admit, he could have been nicer, but I guess that's all the empathy I was gonna get from him.