and That Ignorance

Nii-san apparently got poisioned while on a mission. That day everyone left everything they had to make sure nii-san recovers from his illness. Uncle took a leave from work. Mikoto-san worried twenty-four-seven. Sasuke-kun and I didn't leave his sight- not for a second. We both were worried about nii-san. Sasuke looked extra upset. So all through the days I had to take care of Sasuke-kun, from loosing any hope because nii-san was poisioned really bad.
Thank goodness, nii-san got better and life went back to normal.

A year past on and a new incident came. Nii-san got accused of murdering Shisui- his best friend. It made no sense. Me and Sasuke-kun didn't accept any of it. We knew nii-san couldn't and wouldn't do something like that, especially to his best friend.
Well, after what happened nii-san wasn't really himself anymore. He grieved a lot. He distant himself from almost everyone.
We didn't know why and he didn't tell.

On a brighter note, a couple of days ago was my birthday. It was the most amazing day ever. Nii-san acted like himself, mostly. We had a small gathering. When it came time for presents, normally I open presents when everyone leaves, but Sasuke-kun insisted that I open his. It was the most thoughtful and Amazing gift he ever gave me- so far.

Today I woke up bright and early. Went in to the kitchen and started mixing the things for the celebration we were having today.

Uncle eventually woke up and helped me with everything. We were baking like crazy. I had frosting all over my face and hands and uncle was covered with flour. I don't think we ever made such a huge mess in the kitchen, ever.

We got everything ready, took a bath, got dressed and headed out.

"He's finally done it," I said smiling, sitting on top of uncle's shoulders. We were on our way to see the Uchihas. Nii-san's birthday was just around the corner, but due to an upcoming mission getting in the way, his family along with my uncle thought it best to celebrate it a little early.

When we got to the door-step uncle gave me the things to hold and lifted me over his head to put me down.

Mikoto-san answered the door and after greeting her properly, "Hi everyone, I made this cake all by myself to celebrate, right uncle." I turned to uncle so he can agree.

"Yes ofcourse." He gave me a closed eye smile then addressed Mikoto-San "Mikoto, Where's Itachi? I haven't seen him around lately, not after he came to Miya's birthday... "

"Um... he's around here somewhere. He hasn't been acting like himself lately." Mikoto-san replied, she seemed concerned about him. I mean we all were, but she's his mother, she's probably way more concerned than any of us.

"I'll find him," I volunteered. I looked around outside. He was sitting by the big tree. After a little bit of convincing, I pretty much forcefully brought him inside to admire the cake I made.

Mikoto-san had made a big feast for everyone. Honestly, all that food made my mouth water.
I had always had the bad habit of eating way too much. I just love to eat and I loved the food uncle and Mikoto-san made and none of them seemed to mind. "Nii-san...what's wrong? Aren't you atleast a little bit happy? You should enjoy the day." 

He wasn't paying any attention to me. I pulled at his sleeve," You look more down than usual what's wrong?"

Nii-san didn't reply, he just got up and walked out back.

I, ofcourse followed. I found him sitting near the tree again. He seemed to be deep in thought until...
"I know what's wrong. Yes I do." I sat down next to him.

Nii-san curiously turned facing me. Looks like I got his attention. I smiled.

"So, what's wrong with me?" He asked with a thin smile and a hint of interest in his tone.