Scroll 55

What just happened!?

Neji?

I rushed as fast as my exhaustion allowed. Neji on a thin line between life and death. Where I found him, he laid on the ground, motionless.

He can't die.

It was all my fault. I was intrusted to keep people from receiving severe blows. I was one person amongst hundreds that were intrusted the same, but to fault at my duty with someone I personally knew. To allow it to happen just like that, I couldn't. I had to do something.

Hinata was drenched in tears, but still managed to compose herself just enough,  to carry on fighting- given that we were on the battlefield.

"Naruto," I called through the roaring noise in the background.

He shifted his gaze towards me, but said nothing. A serious and determined auro could be felt emitting from him. Im sorry.

"I'm going to take Neji somewhere safe and try to heal him from there." I informed, one place that shouldn't be facing any problems and close enough to transport there.

Naruto nodded with a sincere thin smile, seemingly appreciative. Hinata did the same.

"Suna no tsubame!"

Transporting myself to the first place I could think of. I arrived in the streets of Konoha in a minute flat. The villagers were given instrutions to stay indoors at all time, but  I could sense a big crowd over by the academy.

Honestly speaking, the chakra used in the war, transporting, healing and keeping Neji from going under for good, all of it was taking its toll on me.

I turned to all directions attempting to sense someone who could help. Not a second later Shionee came rushing towards me, "Miya, what's wrong? Why are- oh~" she said as her eyes fell on Neji who was in my arms.

"Shionee, where's Shizune?" I spoke quick as not to waste any more time.

"At the hospital. Here, I'll take you two to her."

I had already left shionee to take care of Konoha, it was irreverent for me to have gone when Naruto suggested. I already knew my responsibilities and I didn't need anyone questioning or advising me on what I had to do.

Once we arrived at the hospital, I had Neji leaning over my shoulder, unconscious and we were in a panic to find Shizune-san.
we didn't stop to breath.

Fifteen minutes or so it seemed past and we finally found her.
She was finishing up with a butterfly stitch on one of the injured. As soon as we entered, her gaze immediately dropped to Neji.

"What happened? Never mind that get him on."
She instructed and we did as such, we placed Neji gently on the the gurney, but I didn't allow my chakra to stop from healing him. Every second was precious.

"What do you think? How bad is it? Is there anything-" I asked, definitely fearful of his condition.

"Miya, calm down and let me examine him." She instructed to which I nodded and she started up on what she said she'd do.

After a few minutes...

"This isn't good." She said, knitting her brows.

"What? Why!?" I almost dropped him off the stretcher as I was so frazzled by everything that was happening.

"He's lost too much blood." She explained, pacing over to a bunch of files on a table.

I shut my eyes briefly.  I was already so worn out, but I continued to worry, reasoning on what to do. Where would I get blood to match his?

The answer struck in my head.

The Hyuuga compound.

It wasn't that far, but there wasn't any time to lose either, due to the lessen distance it wasn't going to take much of my chakra, after that last teleport I might of had enough chakra to transport back to the battle field, which was a fair amount.

"I'm goig to the Hyuuga compound," I informed. "Shionee, please take over for me," she nodded at my request and began keeping Neji from getting any worse through her healing abilities.

The trip to the compound and back, would take, equal to half of the chakra to go back to the battlefield once, and as much as I could be sure of, that was all I had left.

This has to work.

I used my jutsu and arrived at the compound, knowing exactly who I had to meet. Hinata's father and Neji's uncle.

I was confronted by some guardsmen. It was breaking late and it was all too silent there.

"I need to talk to Hiashi Hyuuga."

***
6