Scroll 57

"I'm going to see if I can figure this out from the ground. Take care of him for me."

Positioned and ready to jump out the window I took a brief moment to turn back around and wait for a response.

"Go. Don't worry about things here." Shionee-chan assured me. Her features showed nothing less than seriousness and determination.

And for the most part, I was glad she was on our side. In the brink of the war, Shionee-chan was a fierce fighter in it all, but I send her here thinking Konoha would be vulnerable to some sort of threat. It looked like I was right.

I nodded, then jumped out the window, landing on the gravel ground. The crunching beneath my sole, the harsh wind carrying all that dust and screams coming from all directions made my job way harder.

It didn't take me long at all to figure out what was causing the commotion. It seemed the tree had spread its roots underground penetrating through the barrier built by the other shinobis, who were capable of using the Earth Style Ninjutsu.

Panic and chaos. That was the music of war. I, myself had almost got caught in it. I wasn't completely sure of what would happen if I did get caught, but knowing that the thing was set up by the Akatsuki was warning enough for me to stay clear of it.

My chakra was low, it looked like I was running out of time as the roots began tearing through Konoha, one building at a time. I was too weak to put up my own rock barrier, but there was one thing I still could do to help.

I need everyone in one place.

Running around Konoha, I began shouting at everyone to gather at the Hokage's tower. My plan was simple, get the people out of Konoha and tell them to keep running up into the mountains until everything cools down.

Simple was my plan, yes, but it seemed impossible.

"Why should we listen to you!" One man shouted at me, clearly refusing to listen. It was like that with the rest too.

"For all we know, this was your doing."

"She's the one who brought this upon us!" The man turned and shouted out to the rest of the civilian.

I wanted to faceplam so bad, I wanted to actually bang my head against a wall or something. If only they could hear themselves speak. They sound so illiterate and naive.

"Get out!"

"Get out!" One by one each yelled, then it became in to a chant that turned louder than the smashing sound caused by the roots taking over.

"BE QUITE!" I said finally fed up, if they wanted help, I was willing to offer them some, but if they persisted on staying there and what?- wait it out? Then I couldn't do anything about their thick-headed-ness.

"Consider this. You think you're going to die either ways, then what will it change if you choose to trust me, just this once. Think about it, maybe I'm telling the truth and you survive, but if you choose to stay, there won't be any hope left." I calmly explained. All because they were being irrational and crazy, didn't mean I had to be too.

"Everyone to the forest!" One shouted, instructing the rest, completely ignoring me. Everyone stampeded away. Passing me and surrounding me in a wave of people. They were walking towards whatever awaited them there. Maybe, they would find some salvation, a safe haven from all of what's happened to the village and all the people fighting against the Akatsuki. There was nothing I could do. I tried to warn them, help them, in the end, whatever was going to happen, was going to be their choice.

I wasn't worried about Neji, he had Shionee and the rest of the patients had a capable staff and Shizune-san to take care of them.

I took in a breath and turned around to head back to the field.