Scroll 38

I can't believe they do this every month. I pondered.

"People, fish- Miya, it isn't that big of a deal."

I know, people fish, but to cross a terrain like this! Just to go fishing, it's kinda risky, don't you think?

"No one asked you to go along. You volunteered, remember? "

I just wanted to see if I could fish. I defended, keeping close to the wall next to me.

"And how is that working out for ya?"

Not good, I guess. I admitted.

Basically my whole experience at fishing was a terrible wreck, to exaggerate a little. The worst part though, was the horrible, terrible stench. I mean really,  I stunk like a sweaty, hairy, fishy man in July. No offence to the guys up ahead of course, but at least they had something to show for their hard work and sweat. I, on the other hand have this- a dainty little sardine.

Though, In my defence the little guy put up quite a fight. But alas, no one would give any recognition to the small guy. I know how you feel buddy. I thought, bringing the fish up at least seven inches from my face.

"Are you talking to your pipsqueak fish?" She commented.

I found her remark offensive and as so, didn't deserve a response.

The two guys and one old man hauled their- beyond full, carts of huge trots in front me.

I might have been able to do a better job, if someone at least given me some instructions before hand.
Something like, don't stand up in a boat because you might fall in the water and get soaking wet, don't swing the rod back and forth because you might wack someone with it, don't be completely disgusted by wiggly little worms-  bait, because you might fall on your butt and spill them all out in to the water.
Actually the last one was the reason why we had so many fish in the first place, so majority of the fish-ies they have, are actually because of me. You're welcome.

The fishing ground was only thirty minutes from the village, but a dangerous journey at that. Taking a few careful steps before the ground suddenly started to shake. A violent tremble that lasted mere seconds.

"Miya, are you alright?" Daichi yelled from up ahead. He was the one leading us back to the village.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I yelled, clutching on to the stone wall. "Are all of you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," Daichi and Kin said in unison.

"What about Yuu-san?" I had to ask. The old man was pulling on the cart by himself.  He looked very much in his seventies or late sixties. I didn't know why he would agree to come to do this.

"Fine, child." He said with a sweet smile, "Kin, would you bring her up to the front," he requested.

"Yes," Kin did as instructed. 

I slid my way past kin, then Yuu-san and then Daichi. Now, I was in the lead. It was almost evening as we were making our way back to the village. I, myself couldn't believe I spent the whole morning and afternoon in fishing.

"Do you mind me asking why?" I said to yuu-san, without turning back.

"Child, if anything of similar occurrence happens again. At least there will be someone to assist you. No one would be able to reach you from where you were before." He explained.

"Yuu-san, no disrespect," I began, " But, I have been trained as a ninja. I'm pretty capable of taking care of myself."

"Of course you are dear." He replied as if I were joking. It wasn't just him who took my ninja skills lightly, it was the whole village, which was kinda offensive, if you look at it.