4. Remus on drugs

The days passed very quickly, before anyone noticed, it was a few weeks, and then another, a whole month.

Katie wanted to see what was happening with Zoe. The brunette quickly found her on the Marauder's map, and then quickly went to her. Her younger friend was in the library.

"Hi." McAllister greeted her with a smile. "What are you reading there?" Asked and sat down next to her companion. "Defense spells?" She asked, looking at the title of the book. Zoe nodded.

"How did you know I was here?" Blonde asked.

"I was walking by and I noticed you." The other replied. "I decided to check on you." Brunette smiled pleasantly. "What's up? How are you?"

"Nothing interesting." Zoe announced. "It's the same as always." Added indifferently.

Katie watched her closely. Her younger companion didn't have many friends, after all, it was only Katie who cared about her the most and worried about her. Nobody else. Although, maybe there was another such person...

Despite everything, Marauder was worried about her friend, she always saw her alone and was always sad. The girl did everything in her power to make her day more pleasant, she wanted the blonde to smile more often, but it was quite a difficult challenge. Zoe has lost both her parents and her grandfather is taking care of her. But her grandfather is very sick. The two girls met in the Muggle world, and later went to Hogwarts together.

"Don't worry about me." Bonde said suddenly without taking her eyes off the book. "I'm fine."

Katie sighed softly.

"You're sad again." Looked at her companion. "I don't like when you are sad. I can't stand it. What do I have to do to make you feel better...?" Added sadly. The question was addressed more to herself than to the blonde.

"You don't have to do anything. You've done enough." Zoe continued looking at the book at the same time. "You were always there for me when I needed you, and that's still the case. I'm very grateful to you for that." She looked at Katie. "Don't worry about me so much. You also have your life and other friends who need you too."

"You're my friend too." Gryff Girl said firmly. "Even though I have known you practically since I was a child, now I feel that you're starting to drift away from me and I don't know what to do to stop you." Brunette said looking at Zoe in the eyes. "Tell me if something is bothering you. Bellatrix did something to you again? Or is it something else? If so, just tell me, I'll take care of it and..."

"And that's what I'm talking about." Blonde interjected, which surprised the other witch a bit. Zoe looked at her companion again. "You care more about me than yourself. You always think about me first and then about yourself, recently it was like that too... The last time you defended me from Bellatrix. What if she did something to you? What if Black and the rest of your friends didn't show up? I don't want you to sacrifice yourself like that for me. You've been defending me for as long as I can remember, now it's time to stop this. You should worried more about your own life."

"But my life also revolves around you. We're friends, I guess it's normal that I want to help you somehow."

"Time to stop this." Zoe interjected again. "I don't want your help anymore." Added firmly. "I want you to finally start living your own life." She got up to her feet.

"But, Zoe..." Brunette started, but she didn't finish because her friend left the library.

Katie sighed and put her face in her hands, then ran her hand through her hair. When the Gryff Girl wanted to get up and leave the library, one of the Marauders appeared next to her. It was Peter.