7. The Furry Little Problem

Several days have passed since the last incident.

McAllister was in the library with Zoe right now. The brunette enjoyed seeing her friend in such a good mood. After a few minutes, someone else caught the attention of the Gryff Girl. In the distance, she saw how Padfoot enters the library, so the teenager grabbed one of her companion's books and covered herself with it so that the other one wouldn't notice her.

"Katie?" Zoe was surprised. "What's wrong?" Asked.

"Why?" McAllister was still hiding behind the book. "The fact that I have a book in my hands means that there is something wrong with me?" Asked what the blonde laughed quietly.

"Well, to be honest, yes." Said amused.

Katie, seeing Sirius passing nearby, bent down, pretending to pick something up, then turned her back on her companion. The girl waited a moment and then sat back facing Zoe.

"Katie, what's going on?" Asked worried withc, then turned back and saw Black leaving the library. The blonde looked back at her friend and then frowned a bit. "Did you quarrel?"

McAllister glanced at her.

"No." Replied immediately. "No, everything's fine." Said, she didn't want to worry Zoe. She rarely saw her so happy so she didn't want to spoil her mood. "Such little game, I guess." :aughed lightly. "You know me."

"You know, I've known you long enough to say that you're lying..." Blonde said and rested her hands on the table. "Friends are there to support each other. Tell me, what's bothering you so much?"

Katie sighed heavily.

"Don't worry about me, sweetheart." Gryff Girl smiled faintly. "It's just not my day, and that's why you think there's something more wrong with me than usual." Said. "I have something to do..." She slowly got to her feet. "See you later." smiled again and then left the library.

The girl didN't know what to think about all this, slowly she was getting lost in feelings. She knew Sirius was a good man, that he was only pretending to be such a soulless asshole in front of some. After all, the words of that student surprised her a bit. Recently, there wasn't even an opportunity to be able to talk to Marauder normally. Too much was happening. On the other hand, Katie was a bit afraid of talking to Sirius. Perhaps she was afraid that the words of that blonde could turn out to be true, that Padfoot was actually faking it all this time. She didn't want to believe it, but now she really didn't know what to think. Katie cared a lot about him, as well as the other Marauders and Lily. Or maybe she cared even more about Padfoot than she thought?

***

Sirius finally wanted to have a serious conversation with Katie. When lessons were over, he went in search of her, and when he couldn't find her, he glanced at their magic map and headed for where McAllister should be. On the way, someone stopped him. It was Kevin.

"Look, man, I'm in a bit of a hurry." Black glanced at the teenager.

"It only takes a minute." Kevin said. "I just wanted to ask you something."

"Then ask, what are you waiting for?" Padfoot sighed.

"I just want to be sure..." Boy said.

"Merlin's beard, get down to business." Black hurried him.

"Do you and Katie have anything in common?" He asked what surprised Marauder.

"Where did this question come from?" Sirius straightened a bit.

"Because I like Katie. We didn't really have anything like that, we just wanted to have a little fun and at the beginning it suited me, but now... I would like to get to know her better and well... Maybe something more would come out of it..." Said. "But I still see you two together, and your relationship is often ambiguous and I don't know what to think. You have something more in common or what is it like with you? Are you a couple?"