Bradley Proposing

The sun was beginning to set as Bradley and I walked along the beach. It was our normal night time routine; it helped us unwind from the day. Today had been particularly grueling. Bradley had successfully completed a challenging mission, along with the best pilots from Top Gun and Maverick.

I had been stressed all day, worried that it would be the last time I saw my boyfriend. The moment my phone rang with his name on the screen, tears spilled out of my eyes. It was in that moment that I knew that I couldn't live without Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw.

His fingers laced with mine as we strolled across the beach, the water lapping at our feet. The water was colder than normal and I jumped the first time I felt it. Bradley walked in front of me and bent down, motioning for me to climb on his back. Giggling, I jumped on his back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He held onto my thighs and began to run down the beach.

"Bradley!" I shrieked, holding on for dear life.

Bradley laughed as he kicked up water behind us. After what felt like forever, he came to a stop and gently put me down. He looked down at me, smiling.

"What?" I giggled and gently slapped his arm.

"Um ouch," he chuckled, taking a slight step away from me.

"Oh shut up," I laughed.

Bradley reached out and placed his hand in mine, gently pulling me towards the dry sand. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," Bradley reassured me.

Once he was satisfied, he stopped where he was. My eyes watched as he slowly began to kneel down in the sand. When I realized what was about to happen, my hands reached up and covered my mouth.

"Oh my god," I whispered as Bradley pulled a small black box out of his pocket. How had I not known that was in there?

He opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was a simple ring, with a silver band and a diamond but it was exactly the type of ring that I wanted. I had made that clear numerous times.

"Y/N Y/L/N, from the moment we met, I knew you were the one. I want to spend every day, every minute, every second, with you? Will you marry me?" Bradley asked, his face turning a slight shade of pink.

I nodded my head, tears filling my eyes. "Yes!" I cried. "Yes, of course!"

With shaky hands, Bradley pulled the ring from the box and placed it on my finger. "I love you," he said, pressing his lips gently against mine.

"I love you too," I said.

Bradley reached up and wiped the tears off my cheeks. "I hope those are happy tears," he joked, pulling me into a hug.