I'll Support You

Author: Lexy

-----

Y/N jumped awake when her phone started ringing from beside her. She blinding fumbled around her bed, tossing the blankets to the side, trying to find her phone. When she finally found it, she smiled at the picture on the screen and slid her finger across the bottom, answering the call.

"Hey babe," she said.

"Babe! Hi! We're going to The Hard Deck tonight. Why don't you come out? I want to see you."

A smile flashed across Y/N's face. Her fiancé had gotten the call yesterday about helping out with a top secret mission. Within 24 hours he was packed and on his way back to Top Gun. Luckily for Y/N when he graduated from Top Gun they had decided to stay local. Together they bought a house and she found a steady job. It was hard when Bradley was away working but the one perk was that they could still see each other at times.

Y/N glanced over at the clock on her nightstand. It read 8:30. "Sure. What time are you guys going?"

"9:00," Bradley informed her.

That only gave Y/N a half hour to get ready. He should know by now that it took her longer than a half an hour to get ready.

"Can you get ready quickly?" Bradley asked, reading her mind.

"I think so!" Y/N said, standing up and looking around at the clothes scattered everywhere.

"I'll see you soon babe! I love you," Bradley told her.

"I love you too," Y/N replied before hanging up.

She glanced around her room again and let out a sigh when she realized she should probably clean. Bradley hated when their room was messy. At last she spotted her favorite pair of jeans on the back of her desk chair. She said walked over and pulled them on. Bradley loved these jeans. They showed off all of her curves.

The next step was to find a shirt. The walk-in closet was full of clothes but Y/N could not find a decent shirt to wear. After looking through her shirts two times, she finally decided on a plain black tank. The tank fit her perfectly and showed off her curves as well. She grabbed one of Bradley's Hawaiian button shirts and threw it on over top of her tank, leaving the buttons undone. She put on her favorite pair of high top converse and left the bedroom.

As she walked past the full length mirror next to the front door she checked her reflection to make sure she looked ok. Grabbing her keys and purse from the hook, she walked out into the night.

~~~

"You know she comes here sometimes," Penny told Maverick, popping the lid off the beer and sliding it over to him.

He glanced around the bar at the few groups that occupied the tables. Most of them were younger. There was a few couples as well as groups of friends.

"How long has it been since you've seen her?" Penny asked him.

"10 years," Maverick replied, taking a sip of his beer. "She decided to come back here as soon as she could when I chose to stay away."

"The moment I saw her, I knew she was yours. She looks just like her mom."

A crowd of three men and one woman strolled into the bar and headed straight to the back, where the pool tables were. One the men caught Maverick's eye. It was unmistakable who it was. Bradley Bradshaw. Maverick hadn't seen him in ages either. Not since Bradley found out what Maverick did with his paperwork.

Maverick had a feeling it was going to be a long night.

~~~

Y/N walked into the Hard Deck and instantly spotted her fiancé at the back of the bar. He was leaning against the pool table, his jeans showing off his backside. Even after being together for years, Y/N still found herself getting butterflies in her stomach. He just had that effect on her.

"Hey babe," she greeted him, giving his arm a gentle squeeze.

"Hi," he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

His arm snaked around her waist and pulled her against him. Y/N reached out and took his beer out of his hand and took a long sip. The cold drink was bitter and she almost spit it out. Bradley chuckled at the face she made as she handed his beer back to him.

"I'm going to get a good drink," Y/N told him. He nodded and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket. He rarely let Y/N pay for food or drinks when they went out.

"Thanks," she said, taking the black wallet out of his hand.

Penny smiled at her as she walked to the bar. The bar stools were mostly empty except for the one on her right. She glanced over at the man and did a double take.

"Dad?" she asked, shocked.

Maverick smiled. "Y/N?"

No words came to Y/N. She hadn't seen her dad in ten years and now all of sudden he was in the same bar as her.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I-" Maverick began.

That was when it hit her why he was here. The phone call that Bradley had received yesterday and the reason why all of these pilots were here. This mission that Bradley had been asked to be a part of.

"Oh my god! You came back to teach Top Gun and you didn't even bother to tell your own daughter?!"

Y/N turned on her heels and stormed out the door. The night air felt cool against her skin and she shivered slightly. She had thought about bringing a sweatshirt but had decided against it. Now she was regretting it.

"Y/N!" Bradley called, running up to her. "What's going on?"

"You didn't see who was in there?!" Y/N said, pointing towards the bar.

Bradley shook his head. "No, I didn't. Whos in there?"

Y/N sighed. "My dad."

Bradley walked over and pulled Y/N into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she tried to compose herself.

After a few moments, Bradley laced his fingers with hers and led her to the bench that overlooked the ocean. Together they watched the waves crash on the shore.

"Do you want to go in and talk to him?" Bradley asked.

Y/N shrugged. "I don't know what I want to do."

"Well whatever you want to do, I'll support you."

Y/N was silent for a moment. "I think I want to talk to him."

Bradley nodded and gently squeezed her hand. "I'll be right beside you."

Together they walked back into the Hard Deck and headed over to where Maverick was sitting. The bar stools next to him were empty and Y/N sat down next to him with Bradley on the other side of her.