Two Surprises

Authors: Whynnter and Lexy

~~~~~

The sound of the front door opening and closing caused my heart to race. I jumped up from the bed and ran into the living room where I saw Bradley, his arms open beckoning me in. He smiled at me, and I couldn't control myself when I ran into his arms, closing the gap between us.

Bradley pulled me in close, his fingers running through my hair, "I missed you so much, baby!"

I smiled as his lips moved across my neck, before connecting with my lips, "I missed you! I can't believe you're finally home."

He walked us further into the living room, sitting down on the couch and pulling me onto his lap. His hand moved slowly across my thigh, up to my waist as he continued placing kisses across my collarbone.

"I am going to kiss every inch of your body tonight until I can't feel my lips anymore," he said, as he gripped my waist and pulled me in tighter to him.

I shook my head, "That sounds amazing baby, but I have not been feeling well at all today."

"You can just lay there if you want, I can do all the work."

Goosebumps rose on my skin as he continued running his fingers across my bare skin.

"Why don't you feel well, what's wrong?" he asked, concern laced in his voice.

"I'm really crampy and I can't seem to get rid of this headache," I told him, running my fingers through his hair.

He placed a light kiss on my nose and smiled. "Have you taken anything? I can get you some Tylenol."

"I just took some, but thank you."

"I know you're not feeling great, but do you feel up for going to the Hard Deck for a little bit? I know everyone would love to see you."

I nodded. "Yeah, we can go for a little bit."

He placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, some fresh air will be good for me!"

~

When Bradley and I pulled into the parking lot of the Hard Deck, the first thing I noticed was how busy it was. The only open spot was at the back of the parking lot.

Together, Bradley and I walked toward the bar, his hand entangled with mine. My eyes landed on Phoenix as soon as we walked into the bar. She was at the counter talking to Penny and my dad, Maverick. All three of them raised their hands in greeting as Bradley and I made our way towards them.

I gave my dad a quick hug before turning to Phoenix and grabbing her hand. "I need to go to the bathroom, come with me?"

"You just went to the bathroom before we left?" Bradley said, shrugging his shoulders.

I clutched my purse in my hand and rolled my eyes. "Five minutes."

Phoenix followed me to the bathroom and once we were both inside I slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Are you okay?"

I smiled at her and leaned against the door. "Yeah, I'm okay," I started, reaching into my purse and pulling out a rectangular box. "But I think I'm pregnant, and I need you to stay with me while I take this test."

Her face lit up as she brought her hand to her mouth. "Oh my god."

"Yeah, you're shocked, you can imagine how I'm feeling," I said, pushing open the bathroom stall and heading into it.

Phoenix stood there quietly as I opened the box and pulled out its contents. A few minutes went by before I stepped out of the stall, and placed the stick on the counter.

"So, we wait now?" Phoenix asked.

"I've never had to do this before, but the box says wait three minutes."

She reached for my hand and held it tight.

I hadn't even thought about having kids, and Bradley and I hadn't really discussed. We had both mentioned that we wanted kids, which was a good starting point in my opinion, but we both decided that marriage was the first step.

"I need you to check it, I'm too scared."

Phoenix smiled at me before reaching for the test and reading the results. She stared at it for a moment before turning to face me. Her expression was blank.

"What is it?"

Without saying a word, she turned the test around revealing the positive results to me.

"Holy shit!"

Phoenix had tears in her eyes, and at that point I could no longer control my own.

"You're going to have a baby!"

"I'm having a baby! Shit, how do I tell Bradley?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "You're just going to have to say it!"

"Now?" I asked, a surprised look on my face.

There was a knock at the door and we both jumped, the sound pulling us back to reality. She pulled a paper towel out of the dispenser and handed it to me and I wiped my eyes, ridding myself of any tears.

As I reached for the door, Phoenix grabbed the test out of my hand and slipped it into the back pocket of her jeans.

When I opened the door, Bradley was standing there. "Are you ok?" he asked. "You two were in there for a while."

"Yeah, we're good, I'm good!"

Bradley had a confused expression on his face but gently grabbed my hand and led me out to the bar. The large room was packed with people gathered in small groups, conversing amongst themselves. The music wasn't playing, and most of the people in the room were focused on us as we walked toward the bar. It wasn't until Bradley turned around at the center of the room that I recognized all the faces of the people around me.

My heart started to race as Bradley reached into his pocket and pulled out a little black box. He bent down on one knee and I glanced behind me at Phoenix who once again had tears in her eyes.

When I looked back at my boyfriend he had opened the box to reveal a simple white gold ring with a single diamond. My cheeks grew warm and my eyes began to water as Bradley finally spoke up.

"I've known you since the day you were born, and since then we've been pretty much inseparable. There have been times in our lives when we were not in the same place, or dating other people, but despite all of that we always ended up back together."

I nodded, wiping a tear that had fallen on my cheek.

He continued, "I knew you were the one, even after Maverick had threatened to kill me when we started dating. I love you so much, Y/N, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek, "Yes, of course!"

He stood up and placed a soft kiss on my lips as our friends and family cheered. My arms wrapped around his neck and I pulled him in tighter.

The crowd dispersed and my dad, Penny, Phoenix and Hangman, came in to congratulate us.

"Congratulations you guys, I am so happy for you both!" Maverick said, patting Bradley on the back.

Hangman smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug before Phoenix took her turn.

"We are going to have so much fun planning this wedding!" Penny said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"It's going to be so much fun, but we are going to have to wait at least a year before we have the wedding."

Bradley turned to me confused, "Why exactly do we have to wait so long?"

I smiled and Phoenix grabbed my hand, "Because I'm pregnant."