As It Was (Harry Styles)

Y/n is a stage hand, mostly working on making sure all the microphones work. As she checks the main mic, she can't help to test it a different way. By singing.

Sorry I haven't been uploading, by the way...
And apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes
_______________________________________

Standing behind the microphone, the empty stadium seats staring back at her. She felt like everyone else was living her dream. Harry had his own band, his own songs, his own fans.
She was just a stage hand, this was the closest she was ever gonna get to her dream. The dream of singing infront of an audience in a huge stadium, her own band singing and playing along with her. She'd be wearing a crazy fashionable outfit, like Harry normally wears.

Her fans would sing along too, waving their phone flashlights at the sad songs like they had done for Harry and his song 'Sign Of The Times'.

But standing behind that microphone, the same one that Harry would sing into later that night, she felt happy. Behind that microphone, she felt empowered. Behind that microphone...she felt at home.

"Holdin' me back...." She started to sing, her voice echoed throughout the stadium and out through the open roof. "Gravity's holdin' me back. I want you to hold out the palm of your hand......why don't we leave it at that?"

Her hand came up to rest on the microphone, gripping it gently as if she was afraid she would break it. She closed her eyes, focusing on the sound of her own voice. "Nothin' to say....
When everything gets in the way...
Seems you cannot be replaced.
And I'm the one who will stay, oh, oh, oh, oh..."

She could hear the music playing inside her head, following her along as she sang. Too engrossed in the performance, she didn't notice the figure standing off stage, a soft smile lingering on his face as he admired her from afar.

"In this world, it's just us.
You know it's not the same as it was...
In this world, it's just us.
You know it's not the same as it was...
As it was..... as it was.
You know it's not the same"

She danced along, smiling bright, eyes full of happiness. Harry watched on, chuckling to himself at how adorable Y/n was. He had kept an eye on her since she started working with him, which was quite a while ago. The two had gotten to know eachother, some would say they were the best of friends.

The only people currently at the stadium were the security, Harry and his band and Y/n. The rest of the stage crew had finished what they needed to work on so that's why she was the only one left.

Seeing her up there, reminded Harry of how he felt the first time he and the boys had their big show. It was truly exciting. He wanted her to know how it felt to have a real audience, a real thrill, a true experience. He didn't know why, but he wanted her to be bigger than him, fame-wise. And with her voice, her attitude, her joy and true beauty; he believed she could do it. And do it, she shall.

__________________==___________________

That night Harry stood on the stage, his band behind, the stage lights flashing along to the beat of his song.

Currently, he was singing 'As It Was'. The moment he had been waiting for had arrived. When the song reached a point where he didn't have to sing for a few seconds, he quickly ran off stage, where he knew Y/n would be standing, watching.

He smiled at her, stopping infront of her before grabbing her hand and running back out on stage, pulling her along, making her yelp out of suprise.

The crowd roared with cheers, the noise now more deafening than it had been behind the stage.

Everyone was confused but happy. It was a weird mix, but Y/n wasn't complaining. This was like her dream. Every seat in that huge stadium was full with an excited fan or a nervous parent beside the excited fan.

Y/n laughed at that, as did Harry who seemed to be enjoying taking her on stage more than anyone there.

Harry begun singing again. "As it was...You know it's not the same" He suddenly raised his microphone up to Y/n's face.

Her face immediately turned hot. Her? Sing? Infront of this crowd? What if she fucks it up? Fuck it, just go for it. You only live once.

"As It Was...as it was..as it was" The end of the song faded out and the crowd went wild. Harry laughed, standing beside Y/n and hugging her. She immediately hugged back.
"You're amazing, Y/n. Let's get you up here more often" He smiled, referening to stage and preforming.

"Thank you so much, Harry. This means alot to me" She told him, causing him to smile even more and rest his head on hers, both arms rapped around her, making her feel safe. And cozy.

The two will live on to travel to shows together, become bestfriends, and maybe even lovers. I guess only time will tell.

The story of Y/n L/n continues on. And the more she achieves, the more she'll live the life she really wanted, her childhood one, even. So do what you want, and if it takes money....well then it's something worth earning. Don't waste time, instead... Spend it. And that's a wrap from me on this one. Short, but adorable.

I know it's not the same..as it was because I'm not uploading alot like I used to, but I wanted to get this one out there, since it's been sitting here for a while, half done, collecting dust. So I touched it up, finished it off and now here it is, out for you all to read and enjoy.

If you like them, I'll try and think up a few more Harry imagines for you guys.

Hope you enjoyed, anyways.
Until next time.

Grace