Bullseye (Harry Styles)

So I'm sitting here, having some watermelon for breakfast and Harry Styles comes to mind. Also I wanted to write another parenting one so here we are.
I'm sticking with Charlie for Harry and Y/n's kid as I love Charlie and he deserves to be written more often.

Also, I've learned that the sign language alphabet is actually quite easy to learn. And if you learn it you can just spell out the words you want to say. I think that's how sign language works most of the time, though there are some signs for full words. This is the American one, which I am trying to learn:

 This is the American one, which I am trying to learn:

All writing that is like this is sign language.

================

Y/n sat in the playground, watching over Charlie who was playing in the sandpit, loads of kids running and playing all around him.

Beside her, sat a woman who loved to talk her head off. She had sat down beside Y/n and tried to start a conversation. Y/n, being a nice person, allowed it and engaged with some 'oh?'s, 'wow's and 'really?'s. The woman, who had introduced herself as 'Alexa', seemed to only want to brag about how brilliant her spoiled rotten child was. He was only 7 years old, Charlie was 8 and she was talking as if he had won a nobel prize.

"Is your boy okay? He seems to be ignoring my child" Alexa inquired.

"He's alright. He was born deaf so he's not ignoring him on purpose" Y/n excused.

"That's unfortunate. It's hit-or-miss with children" Alexa grimaced.

Y/n gave her a hard stare. "If children were hit-or-miss, I hit bullseye" She said, before standing and walking over to Charlie.

Alexa's son had given up on trying to catch Charlie's attention. The kid had been waving his hand close to Charlie's face, making Charlie turn to ignoring him on purpose. He clearly didn't want to play with him and the kid was just annoying him now.

Y/n sat on the grass beside the sand pit. Charlie, already seeing her before she sat down, signed. "Can we go home?"

"Of course, honey. Go wash your hands and I'll grab your bag for you" Y/n signed back, before standing and walking into the little storage room where all the kids had put their lunchbags.

Charlie washed his hands just as Y/n walked over to him. She handed him the towel she had brought with her and he dried his hands. He gave her towel back and she handed him his lunchbag.

"Ready to go?" She asked. Charlie nodded.

-------------------------

After they arrived home, Y/n headed to the kitchen to prepare a meal for when Harry got home.

"What would you like for dinner?" She asked Charlie.

"Curry!" Charlie signed, a happy smile on his face.

"Okay! Can I have some banana while I'm waiting?" Charlie asked.

"Sure" Y/n took a banana from the fruit bowl and handed it to Charlie. "Do you want to cut it up?"

Charlie nodded and took out the cutting board from the press. Y/n walked over to the cutlery press and opened it, taking out a blunt butter knife and giving it to him.

He went to the kitchen table, which was low enough for him, and starting cutting up the banana. Unlike/like Y/n, Charlie loved banana.

Y/n started working on the chicken/vegetable curry while she waited for Harry to arrive home.

-----------------------

Less than an hour later, Harry was home and the food was ready.

Y/n dished the curry out evenly and the family sat down and started eating.

"How was your day?" Harry asked.

"Very good. We went shopping and me and mammy got ice-cream. Then we went to the playground" Charlie said, smiling at his mother who smiled back.

"How was your day, love?" She asked Harry, signing it as well so Charlie could also engage in the conversation.

"Not as fun as yours, I was cooped up in the recording room all day" Harry replied, also signing while he talked.

"You should take the day off" Charlie suggested making Harry smile at him.

"You know what? I think I will. I'm missing all the fun when I'm away" Harry said.

"You sure are!" Y/n chuckled. "How about we go to the cinema to watch that movie you wanted to see?" She asked her son.

The smile on his face widened and his eyes shone with excitement. "Yay!" He managed to get out.

Y/n chuckled and gestured to the fridge. "I have some jelly I made earlier in the fridge for you if you want some dessert?"
She signed.

"Is there any ice-cream?" Charlie signed. When Y/n nodded he got out of his chair, heading to the fridge to dish out some jelly and ice-cream for himself.

"Did you get the recording all finished or do you have to go back and do some more work?" Y/n asked Harry.

"I'll leave it 'til after tomorrow, then I'll go and finish up. There's not much left to be done anyways, just finishing touches" He replied.

"That's great, honey! Soon it'll be out in the shops and you'll be...going away on tours..." She suddenly felt a wave a sadness at the thought of not seeing him for a few months, maybe even a year.

Harry reached forward and rested his hand on top of hers. "Y/n, it'll only be for a short while. Then I'll be back with you both and we can use the money to make up for lost time. Okay?" He reassured.

Y/n looked up at him then nodded, sighing. "I guess so. Sorry, I'm just being me, I don't want you to miss out on Charlie's life too much, you know?"

"I understand, love. Just this once, and then I'll be back to treat you and Charlie to a holiday" Harry said.

"Sounds lovely" Y/n gave him a small smile.

Harry smiled back just as Charlie sat down. "What are you talking about?" He signed.

"We're talking about going on holiday after I come back from my tour" Harry signed in response.

"Can we go to Disneyland?" Charlie asked.

"Maybe? Though we'll mostly be going to some museums and galleries, historical ones. England is pretty good for all that" Harry suggested.

"Is Captain America in the museum?" Charlie asked.

Harry chuckled. "You'll have to wait and find out now, won't you?"

Charlie looked disappointedly and began eating his dessert.

"Disneyland it is" Y/n said, her and Harry meeting eachother's gaze.