Left and Right

I decided to do it the very morning. I would not wait for the perfect time during lunch. I would not wait for after school. I racked my head. What could we do?

It shouldn't have been hard. We had dated before, we've hung out before, but I didn't want it to be the same things we used to do. Given, we were in Forks. The number of things we could do was limited. We could go to La Push, but I honed bad feelings about First Beach and the people we could run into. People being Jacob in this case. 

I walked up the lane to the Kim's house. Seokjin waved at me from the window and pointed in the direction of the door. 

I took off my shoes before going in and changed them out for house shoes. They were all sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Ahh, Bella!" Seokjin explained. "How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling fine."

"Is your mother okay?" he asked. "I haven't seen her since she left Forks ages ago. She was eccentric."

"She's happy," I kept forgetting how much Seokjin knew about my life. "How's... the fishes?"

"I've decided to take a break from fishing," Seokjin said sadly. "I haven't caught anything in a while."

Jungkook snorted. "That's a lie, Yoongi-ssi just teases him a lot."

"Eat your food, fox boy," Seokjin crossed his arms. "Or we're grounding you."

"You won't ground me," Jungkook smiled. "You're just saying that."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "You're going to risk it one day, you know that right?"

"I don't feel like it though," Jungkook put his food down. "I know I'd have to clean the toilet with a toothbrush or, even worse, clean the trophy case."

"Do you want to take something with you, Bells?" Seokjin pulled something out of the refrigerator and I knew that I was not allowed to say no. 

"You don't have to say yes to Jin, you know," Jungkook laughed as we walked down the stairs and into his car. "Although... it is tastier than cafeteria food."

"Anything is better than cafeteria food."

Now was the time. I watched him strap himself in and start the car. We pulled out of the driveway and onto the street. 10 minutes, I had 10 minutes to ask him.

But I ended up rambling about the new playlist he had and his sudden interest in the grunge scene.

I was ready to hit my head multiple times against the table were it not for Alice who chided me.

"You don't want another visit to the hospital, Bella!" she exclaimed. "What's going on?"

I looked at her. I wondered if we were in a position where I could talk to her about my boy problems when she was the sister of my ex-boyfriend.

"Nothing that is dangerous to my life, that is."

Angela laughed. She very much knew what was going on. She was busy arranging the packages for the yearbook, dividing them by class, and making sure each homeroom got the right amount of books.

"Well, if I may announce while we are all here... at least, the people whom I want to know. I'm going to Stirling. That's my pick."

Angela pulled out the acceptance letter. 

A sense of pride spread in my chest. "Angela, that's great!"

"Stirling?" Alice looked excited. "Oh, I've never been to Stirling!"

"Thank you," Angela seemed abashed as she tenderly tucked the letter away. "I'm just happy to get out of town, you know?"

I hugged Angela. I hadn't looked at all of my acceptance letters yet, but I had signed up for Stirling at last minute. If I'm lucky, I might make it there with her and we could share an apartment in a semester or two.