Chapter 1 This Can't Be Good

Katie's POV: Bitch. Freak. Slut. Whore. I heard her mom ran away because of how ugly she was when she was born. She deserves to die. No one even wants her here. That last one really got to me. Should I have died in the Titan war? Or the Giant War? I guess I should've since everyone says so. Wait, I should introduce myself. I'm Katie Gardner. Daughter of Demeter. Yes, I know. You're a demigod and a freak! Well, I don't care! But lately, I have been caring. No one knows that I'm a demigod except the other demigods and two more................. people. My dad wanted me to come home to Maine for the school year. I didn't want to but he made me. Coming home meant facing the Step Momonster. The Horrible Witch of The West herself, Karisa.(A/n:Apologies if thats your name!) She is a horrible woman and I hate her. Have you heard of Percy Jackson? If you have, ever heard of his first step-father, Smelly Gabe? Well, she's Smelly Gabe's twin. Literally. I told Percy about it and he told me to pray the Fates for some mercy. I can see them now, looking down on me saying, "Lol, noob! Like that's gonna happen!" And sending beating after beating towards me. Yeah, she's abusive too. But my dad is too busy to notice.

"Katie, are you paying attention?" Mr. Vallages asked. Stupid ADHD! I forgot I was in Science class! "Y-Yes sir." I responded. "Ok, then what is the the formula for Photosynthesis?" He asked. "6 CO2 + 6 H2O -> C6H12O6 + 6 O2." I responded. "Good job." He said and continued with the lesson. I inwardly sighed and tried to get through 5 more minutes of class.
----------------Le Time Skip------------------
Finally! School is over and I can go back home. Home. No, home is camp. Anywhere else is a prison. One week left Katie. Just one left. Then you can go to your real home. Yeah. With your brothers, sisters, and friends. Even Clarrise became a better friend towards me since the Giant War. The only problem, Stoll brothers. Always having the need to prank me. They are also the ones that Chiron asked to drive me back to camp! Stupid Stolls. They always have to annoy me, especially Travis! That stupid, hot, pranking theift that stole my heart with his charming blue eyes, beautiful, curly brown hair that framed his beautiful face- stop it Katie! He'll never like you. So stop it! You can't fall for a Stoll. They just break hearts and leave the girl forever.

"Katie. I told you to come in!" My father yelled. I winced. He never yells at me. Something's wrong. I got inside and saw my dad, drunk, talking to my step mom, who was also drunk. And he was holding a whip. Oh no, this can't be good. "Get on your knees Katie. Or I'll make you." He said, raising the whip. I quickly got on my knees, not wanting to be whipped again this week. "Pathetic. Your step mother was right. I should've done this a long time ago. Drinking solves the problems of me being a sap. No more sappy days. I am a new man!" He yelled and started whipping me. I screamed in pain and held where he whipped me. "You're not a man! You're a monster!" I told him. He slapped me. "Don't talk back bitch! If I let you talk, you still don't talk. Oh, and you're not going to that stupid camp of yours. I canceled it. So you stay all summer." He whipped me on every vowel and it hurt so much. Ambrosia! I have some ambrosia in my bag and some nectar too! If I have time, maybe I can heal myself and myself up! "Stop smiling and make dinner if you don't want another whipping!" My "father" screamed at me. I quickly nodded and went off to make dinner. As a reward, "dad" gave me a piece of toast with jam for dinner and 1/4 cup of milk. He whipped me one more time before sending me off to my room. I quickly called the school telling them I was sick and won't be there the rest of the week. After I called them I IM Chiron. "Chiron! My dad told me that I wasn't going to camp! Is this true?" I asked. "No. By Gods child! What happened?" He asked looking at my wounds. "Monster attack. I got it before a mortal could see." I said. "Even if the Mist covered it up, it still can harm mortals." "Good thinking child. I hope you get better soon. And remember to be ready by the end of the week to leave." He reminded me. "Yes sir." I quickly swiped through the IM and went to the bathroom. WARNING! UP NEXT IS A TRIGGER! IF NOT COMFORTABLE I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT READ IT! I started getting out my razor that I use to cut myself with. I started cutting my arm. One for being ugly. One for being useless. One for not being good enough. And one more for being a screw up. Then I started reciting a poem I read on Google and cut along with it. One cuts, two cuts, three cuts, four. You don't know what to do anymore. Five cuts, six cuts, seven cuts, eight. Stop yourself before it's too late. Ninth cut, tenth cut, eleventh, twelfth. Put that blade back on its shelf. Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen. You don't know how much you mean. Seventeen cuts, eighteen cuts, nineteen cuts, then twenty. You don't need anymore, you already have plenty. After I finished, I was a bleeding mess. I cleaned myself up and put on a new bandage on my arm. After I finished, I finally went to sleep, crying the whole time.