Chapter 7 Little Poem

Katie's POV:

I walked into the cabin and saw that no one was in there. I walked to my purse and grabbed my 'friend' before walking into the cabin's bathroom. I was about to make a mark when I heard someone walk into the cabin.

"Katie! Let's eat!" Miranda called out.

"Coming! And don't say that! You sound like Chica from FNAF!" I called back. I pulled down my sleeve and washed my hands to get the dirt off them. I walked out the bathroom and towards Miranda, who smiled brightly. Oh, how I wish I can smile brightly and mean it like her.

"C'mon! Foods getting cold!" Miranda said as she grabbed my hand and we ran to the dining pavilion. I grabbed a salad and sat down to eat with my siblings.

"Why didn't any of you tell me you were leaving? You could've called me so we could all go." I told them, eating from my salad a bit.

"What? But Stacey said she would stay back and go call you. She told us that you said we could go and that she was going to get you to clean up, but you said no and stayed back." Gio, a brother of mine, said.

"Well Gio, looks like she didn't." Karla, another sister, said.

"And I never said that, I was going to call out lunch time but you guys disappeared on me." I said. We all ate in an awkward silence after that.

-----Time Skip To Done Eating Brought To You By: McDonalds' Happy Meals! Nico Loves This Stuff!-----

Still Katie's POV:

As we headed back to the fields, a bad feeling started growing at the pit of my stomach. And being a demigod, I know that we always trust our instincts. I stopped the group and turned around.

"Guys, something's wrong." I said.

"What is it?" Miranda asked. I shook my head.

"I-I don't know what it is, but my instincts are screaming that something's wrong." I said. I turned towards the fields and started walking faster. The smell of fire filled my nose as smoke filled my lungs. I ran over a hill you have to pass through to get to the fields to see a horrible sight: the fields are on fire! I quickly ran to Percy's cabin and I barged in to see him, Nico, and Jason in the middle of a conversation I just stopped.

"H-Help! Fields are on fire!" I yelled as I heard the other campers screaming outside to get water in buckets and run to the fields. I pulled Jason and Percy out of there as Nico followed close behind as we ran to the fields. Jason gathered storm clouds and made it rain on one half of the fields as Percy used water from the beach for the other half. When the fire was put out completely, Apollo kids ran around, helping some campers that got burned and Hephaestus kids started to repair any damage made to the cabins close by to the fields, which was my cabin the most. My siblings and I wandered the fields, trying to find any surviving fledglings or strawberry bushes from the fire, only to find none.

"What are we gonna do now?" Chloe asked. I gave her a hug and tried to smile.

"It'll be okay. We can always regrow the strawberries and ask mom for help." I told her. I know, giving her false hope is horrible and cruel, mostly because she's still a kid, but I have to make sure she's still happy and full of hope like any good big sister would do.

"Yeah, you're right Katie!" She giggled. I gave her a small, fake smile and looked up at the rest of my siblings.

"Okay guys, looks like we have a lot to do today. Lets start taking out these burnt bushes and start planting some seeds." I ordered. My siblings groaned but worked anyways. I gave them all a sympathetic look.