Chapter 20: NCRL aka Nightmares Can Ruin Lives

A/n: YO! So, I hope you've all been well, if not hit me up! I'm here, I just wanted to remind you guys of that. Alright, onto some important "spoilers": In this chapter, I'm going to tackle some pretty heavy stuff, including an attempted suicide. I will put a trigger warning before and after of course because I don't want to trigger anyone, but if I do write something that triggers you that I didn't know could trigger people, skip it. YOU are more important than the contents of this fanfic, so take care of yourself.

Yes, that video up there is from the movie National Treasure starring Nicholas Cage, and yes, it has significance to the chapter.

Also, I'm not sure when Katie was born since it's never said so from now on her birthday is May 20, 1999, because it's a spring month, the May birthstone is emerald like Katie's eyes, and its pick strawberries day (no really look it up) and there are strawberry fields at Camp Half-Blood so yeah. I really had to look all this up to make a significant birthday for her. The things I research for this book...Also, I mention this because her birthday is mentioned and I don't want to confuse anyone!

Onto the story!

------------------------------------------------------------

Previously-"Just as he said, Sammy appeared in front of me in his dark form. He nodded and disappeared.

"Katie-Kat, you have a lot of explaining to do." "

Katie's POV:

"No, no I don't." I seethed, turning to look Travis in the eye. His baby blue eyes were wide in shock, before turning hard.

"Katie-Kat, you need to learn to trust us with your secrets."

"Travis-Turd," I mocked. "you need to learn to trust me even with them."

"Are you okay Katie? You're acting...different." Connor drawled. A wave of sadness crashed over me again. No, not now.

I sighed and nodded. "I am, sorry for snapping Travis. I just, it's stressful because Atys told me the God was watching me specifically and I don't want to mess up and be obliterated by some random douche God...that I probably shouldn't have called a douche." I groaned and covered my face with my hands. I hate life right now.

I felt someone remove my hands from my face and opened my eyes, looking up to see a smiling Travis with gentle eyes. "Don't worry Katie-Kat, you won't die with me around! I'll make sure of it, even if it means I take the bullet for you." I blinked and stared at him, not knowing what to say.

"Can you two stop staring at each other? Katie, your shadow buddy found something." Travis jumped away from me and I turned around where Sammy's shadow form was wordlessly motioning me to follow him, thus I silently followed him.

'Sammy?'

'Yeah Kat?'

'What did you find?'

'I think I found a treasure room.'

'A-A what?!'

'Look.'

He grabbed a lit torch (wow, how long have those been there?) and led me through another door to a room. In the torch light, I saw many artifacts and felt my eyes widened in both shock and awe. It had so many treasures I didn't know which one that asshole-AHEM, excuse me, Kyri wanted. I saw a little post and went over to it, feeling inside. There was a type of powder in it.

'Hey Sammy, can you hand me that torch you have please?'

'Why?'

'Because I found something, that's why.'