Chapter 17: There's A What Now?!

A/n: Yo, I'm back with a new chapter! I hope you guys like it!

Shoutout to the people who have been here since the beginning, you and the ones recently (*cough*recruited in my army to invade Russia*cough*) coming into the fandom and here to read my book are the reason I'm still here writing(and the fact that I enjoy it and love this fandom and ship BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT)!

Oh, beware, cursing ahead!

------------------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV:

A large black and brown dog came from nowhere and attacked Connor, jumping on him and growling. Connor screamed, making Peter scream, making Miranda scream, making me scream, making Travis scream, and Sammy screamed inside my head. We were pretty much just a screaming bunch.

"Aster, come here boy." A gruff voice called out. The black and brown dog, which was identified as a German Shepherd, got off of Connor. Connor hopped to his feet and hid behind Travis, looking terrified.

A man walked out from behind a barn looking building and looked at us suspiciously. He raised an eyebrow and scratched his chin. "Hm, all 6 are here. Well, come in. You must've had a long travel coming all the way from New York to get here." He waved us over and walked towards the house.

We didn't know what to do.

'Follow him, Kat, maybe he knows something.' Sammy said in my mind.

I did as Sammy said and followed the man. I looked over at the others and motioned for them to follow too. Miranda was next to me in seconds and we went ahead of the others in following the man.

"Well, I was thinking you were all trapped there or something." The man chuckled. "My name is Atys, I'm a son of Athena. Yes, my name is similar to the 'Atys' from the stories but I am not his reincarnation, I asked and they said no." He chuckled. [*1]

"Isn't 'Atys' from Roman Mythology?" Travis asked. Wow, I actually forgot he was in my Mythology 101 class in camp.

"Yes, but my father thought it was Greek. Easy mistake, but a horrible one for him since Mythology was his major. Please come in, would any of you like coffee?"

---

As we sat and drank our coffee-hot chocolate in my case-I took a closer look at the man. He had that hot dad vibe on him with the fuckboy haircut and stubble on his chin and above his lips. He was wearing a flannel under the leather jacket he was sporting and dark blue jeans. His hair was a dirty blond color and really pulled it all together. The lips were sorta pouty lips and a pinkish color. What really caught my attention though were his eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of green I've ever seen.

"You alright there, kid?" Atys asked. I nodded.

"Yes sorry, I got distracted."

"Yeah, the whole ADHD and Dyslexia thing sucks. I deal with it too, I understand." He nodded sympathetically.

I frowned, I don't need sympathy.

"So, all six teens are here now. Let's start this little get-together."

"Um, excuse me, Atys? There are only five teens here, you counted wrong, dude." Travis said. "U-Unless you're a teen which you don't look like one but-but I don't mean that you look old I just meant that-"

"I get it. Please, you're embarrassing yourself kid." Travis's face had gone very red at that comment. "And I didn't count wrong." Atys looked at me and I forced myself to look confused.