Chapter 8 Look In Her Eyes

I know, I'm horrible. There's tomatoes over there so you can throw them later. I hope you like the chapter. I kept rewriting and editing different scenarios for this chapter, and it finally hit me. I would like to thank my BFF and cousin Sammy for giving me this idea and helping me edit the chapter! Love you cuz! P.s.- I have a little surprise for you in here! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowy Person's POV:

'That was close, too close. If they noticed me, my cover would've been blown. I need to stop this, I need to do something about it.'

Katie's POV:

Miranda and I went back to the fields and started replanting, along with our other siblings. Well, except Stacey. She and Travis where hanging out together at the edge of the field. I rolled my eyes when I saw them and continued to garden.

"Katie!" Miranda called me over. I got up and walked over to her.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"We found a survivor! Why don't you take care of it." Chloe giggled happily. I looked at all my siblings shocked.

"You want me to take it?" I asked.

"You are our counselor." Jimmy said.

"Practically our leader." Christian smiles.

"Who else would we ask for? Stacey?" Miranda snorted. We all busted out laughing.

"Okay. I'll take it." I smiled, but it was fake.

'I have a huge responsibility on my shoulders now, what if I mess up? They'll hate me!'

'You'll do fine.' A voice said in my head. I didn't recognize the voice.

'Who are you?' I asked, walking to the cabin with the survivor in a new pot. My siblings sent me off to start growing it in the cabin roof.

'Your Guardian Angel.' I snorted quietly.

'Some Angel you are, letting me get beaten as a child to now a teen.'

'Hey, I never said I was a good one! I'm pretty bad at my job.'

'No kidding.' I thought.

'I can hear your thoughts Katie.' The voice said.

'What are you anyways?'

'I'm a Guardian Angel. I was assigned by the Judging Council, the same ones that tell you where to go when you die, to a special person to take care of and protect. Only some people can be Angels. We Angels are dead people that went through what the person we're assigned to protect's going through and we help them through it.'

'You were bullied, depressed, suicidal, hurt yourself, and abused too?' I asked.

'Yup. By the way Katie, I'm a male and my name's Sam.' Sam said.

(A/n: Sammy, I told you I had a surprise for you in the book! XD I'm also trying to put out a message here. More often then not, all you hear is about girls going through this. Boys can go through this too. Fanboys, Fangirls, anyone that is reading my book and may be going through this, don't believe ANYTHING that your bullies say. Don't let them win. Tell someone, even me! PM me if you want to rant it all out. I'm here for all of you guys! #FandomPeopleForever!)

'Nice to meet you, how long have you been watching over me?' I asked.

'Since you first started getting abused. I should have done something earlier about this and I'm sorry.' Sam said. 'I should've stopped you every time you got out the razor, the damned razor, but I guess my fears from the past were still haunting me.' Sam said sadly. I got sad for him.

'Do you, like, have a form, not just be a voice?' I asked curiously as I started planting the survivor on the cabin's roof.

'Yeah, but it's not that great.' Sam said.

'Show me.' I thought quietly.

'Okay. I have two forms. I'll show you both.'

His first form was very shadowy, almost like he didn't have a figure.

(A/n: SOUND FAMILIAR?!?!?! EH?! EHHHHHH?! *wink* *wink*)

His second form looked more human. He looked like he was alive and breathing.

"These are my forms." He said in the same clear voice as inside my head. I nodded, feeling numb.

"KATIE-KAT!" Travis's voice echoed through my ears. Sam's form disappeared and Travis's head popped up from the ladder leading to the roof.

"Hey Katie-Kat! I thought someone else was up here, I heard a voice." Travis said, looking suspicious.

"You're hearing things." I rolled my emotionless eyes.

"Okay then. You're siblings asked me to get you for the camp fire later. Unless you don't want to go." He raised an eyebrow.

"No, I think I'll stay here." I said quietly.

Travis's POV:

"No, I think I'll stay here." Katie said quietly. I stared into her eyes, trying to find anything that says she's just kidding. Katie loves the camp fire!

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded, but her eyes, they looked...dull. Her usually lively eyes looked dull and sad. I think it's because of the fields burning down.

"I'm fine Travis. I'll see you later." She waved me away, going back to gardening, a look of concentration on her face.

"Okay, see you later Katie-Kat." I said, climbing down. As I went, I swear I saw a smile on her face before I couldn't see her anymore.

---At Campfire---

"Hey Travis, where's Katie?" Miranda asked.

"She stayed to keep gardening on the roof." I said, sitting down next to Connor.

Katie's POV:

'Sam. Do you think I'll ever be okay? Or get better?' I asked him as I sat on the roof, watching everyone have fun by the fire.

'I'm sure you will. I'll help you get through it.' Sam said.

"Thanks Sam." I whispered, looking up at the night sky at Zoë's constellation.
------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, you can throw tomatoes at me now! *holds up Captain America's shield as protection*

I hate State Testing, and Finals. I still have like 3 weeks of school left guys! I'll update as much as I can during the summer guys!

I hope you liked my update guys! Please comment what you would like next! What's Sam's story? How will he help Katie? When will I finally put TRATIE stuff in here?! You'll know soon!

Stay strong and live life my friends, and remember, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.