Short Story 2: The Very Top Secret Tree Society

Pic doesn't belong to me!

Second Short Story!!!

Both Travis and Katie-yes Katie, not Fiore-are 11 years old.

------------------------------------------------------------

No One's POV:

Knock

Katie woke up from her sleep and sat up, yawning. She looked around the cabin, seeing her siblings all asleep in their beds. Looking across the room, she spotted Miranda, who cuddled up to her My Little Pony™ plush. She guessed the pony was Pinkie Pie, but she couldn't tell.

A light knock at the door caught her attention. She slipped out of bed and walked over to the door of her cabin, her old plain blue pajamas barely keeping her warm as she opened it and let the cool night air in. She winced at the creak of the door and looked at the room, making sure no one woke up.

She slipped out of the cabin, closing the door and smiling at the Hermes kid in front of her.

"Wanna go on an adventure?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hey Travis!" She giggled.

"No Katie-Kat! That's not the password!" He whined. Katie rolled her eyes.

"Let's go, Bilbo." She sighed, a bit loud for someone who's supposed to be sneaky.

"Sh! I think I woke one of my brothers." He warned.

"Which one?" Katie tilted her head.

"Luke."

"Oh."

She barely talked to Luke, but he seemed like a nice guy. Travis always says good things about him.

"We should hurry!" Travis grabbed Katie's hand and started leading her away.

He had a blanket across his shoulders and a small smile on his face. Katie smiled too, squeezing his hand gently.

They rushed to the border of camp and reached their special tree, Ace's Tree as they named it. Travis climbed first, Katie behind him. When they got to the biggest branch of the tree and sat on it, Travis wrapped the blanket around the two of them. They giggled and sat closer to get warmer, and looked up at the sky.

"The stars are pretty tonight," Katie mumbled, leaning against Travis. He nodded.

"Not as pretty as me though." He said proudly. Katie smacked him on the face, lightly though. He pouted.

"You do not hit the King of 'The Very Top Secret Tree Society'!" Travis stuck his tongue out.

"The Queen of 'The Very Top Secret Tree Society' can do what she wants!" Katie smiled and smacked his head. "That was for sticking your tongue out at me."

"I'm sorry Katie-Kat." Travis sighed and pulled her into a hug. "Will you ever forgive me?"

"Hm, close your eyes." Katie smiled.

Travis raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"It's a surprise." Katie winked.

Travis closed his eyes and Katie leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek. Travis's eyes shot open and he gave Katie a surprised look.

"Why did you-"

"The Queen can do whatever she wants." Katie paraphrased herself and started leaning against him again.

Travis looked down at her, and a smile spread across his face before looking up again at the stars.

The secret society, between the trees and under the stars, will stay forever their secret.