Chapter 6 I Deserve It

Katie's POV:

All I saw was white. Nothing but a bright, white light.

"Am I dead?" I asked. My voice was hoarse and cracked in the middle of my question.

"I hope not. I worked hard to keep you alive considering how much blood you lost." Another voice said. I looked around and saw Will looking at a clipboard with a pen in hand, writing down some doctorly stuff.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was a cyclops. He had somehow freaked you out that you had a panic attack and froze. He also had pretty good aim and whipped you on the back, making you lose lots of blood. But, Travis and Connor saved you and took you to the infirmary just in time. Any more blood loss and you would've been a goner." Will explained, not looking up at me once.

"How long have I been here?" I asked him, still looking around and trying to find a way out of here until I spotted the door.

"Oh about, 2 days. The Stolls visited you, mainly Travis." Will said, finally looking at me and raised an eyebrow. I blushed a bit, but quickly shook it off.

"Oh, can I go now? I really need to work in the fields with my siblings." I tried sitting up and got out of the bed with no problem.

"Yeah, you can go now." I walked out of the room, grabbed some of my clothes that Miranda left, and after quickly changing, I went to my cabin.

"I'm back guys! Now let's get to working!" I called out. No one was in there. I checked the fields and saw everyone, but no one was working. They were all looking at a girl, most likely one of my siblings that came while I was at school, while she went on and on about something. I looked at Miranda's face and she looked really annoyed. I walked over to them and smiled.

"Hi guys! I missed all of you while I was at school. Now, how about we work like we did when I was here? The cyclops made me lose 2 days of hanging with you guys." I chuckled while looking at them. Chloe, one of the younger campers, ran up to me and hugged me.

"Hi Katie! I missed you while you were in school! And Luke kept bothering me while you were gone!" Luke was a Hermes kid that was her age.

"Okay, do you want me to talk to him for you?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Okay, I'll talk to him during lunch, but we have to work now my little flower." I told her. All the younger siblings looked up to me, Chloe the most because I saved her from a hellhound.

"Alright Katie." She hopped off with Christian and Jimmy, two more of our siblings her age. I looked at the rest and they all left, except one. The one that was talking. I walked up to her, smiling kindly.

"Hello. I'm Katie Gardner, head counselor of Demeter Cabin, #4. What's your name?" I asked. She gave me a dirty look and flipped her hair to one shoulder.

"I'm Stacey. And I am head counselor of Demetris Cabin, #8. And I. Don't. Work." She said, trying to sound like a know-it-all. I gave her a slight glare, and looked out into the field.

"Miranda!" I called her over. She came and I gave her a look that said 'explain'. She looked at her wrist and pointed at it, like there was a watch on it.

"Later." She mouthed. I nodded and looked back at Stacey.

"Listen Stacey. It's not Demetris, it's Demeter, and Cabin #8 is Artemis. Artemis has no children, she's the Goddess that started the Hunters. This is Demeter's Cabin, Cabin #4, and everyone has to work." I said. She whined and stomped her foot, before walking down to the field. I sighed and shook my head.

"Katie-Kat! Good to see you're up and running." A familiar voice behind me said.

"Hey Travis." I said, crouching down and looking at one of the bushes to see some strawberries that aren't quite ready to be picked yet and used Demeter magic to make them grow faster.

"Whoa! Who's that hot chick over there in the field?" Travis asked. I looked at where he was looking and my face drooped, he was looking at Stacey.

"She's a sister of mine, Stacey." I said, trying to not sound mad or hurt. Travis whistled.

"Damn. She must be a parking ticket 'cause she has fine written all over her." Travis said. His eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of his head.

"Listen Travis, if you want to go talk to her, you should. She's not working anyways." I told him. As soon as I finished my sentence, Travis ran over to Stacey. I sighed quietly and looked at Travis as he flirted with her. I felt a pang in my heart and looked back at the bush to see it slowly starting to wilt. I made it stop wilting and continued.

-A Few Hours In The Field Later-
Katie's POV:

I looked up from the strawberry bush I was working on and saw that all of my siblings left. They just forgot me here. I got off my knees and sat down on the ground. I felt a pang in my heart again. I touched where my heart is at and a few tears trailed down my face.

"Call me a name. Kill me with words. Forget about me. It's what I deserve." I whispered, remembering all the times my dad forgot my birthday, every name I've been called, and all the times I just wanted the monster I was facing to kill me. I wiped away the tears, put on a fake smile, and got up from the ground and towards my cabin. My razors are calling me, I can feel it.

--------------------------------------------

You all hate me don't you? ;-; I would hate me too. I have no excuse, none at all. I should've finished this sooner, not while I'm at school. (I'm in history class! :P) I'm sorry guys. *bows head in shame.