Chapter 21: Confesions and Misconceptions

A/n: Wow, I've been gone forever haven't I? Anyways, if you didn't know, I was in Mexico and that's why I couldn't update for a while. Then I had some AP homework to finish and i couldn't update then. THEN I had to start Hell(school). But I'm back so yay! I hope you guys didn't miss me too much; enjoy the chapter!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Previously on Cracked:

"Katie, what's wrong? What happened back there? Why did you run out crying? Why did you trip me?...What's going on with your sleeve?" Travis glanced down at my arm. I also looked down and saw the blood had seeped through the bandages and got on my sleeve. I threw my arms behind my back and looked down at the ground. "Katie-Kat, what are you hiding from me?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Travis's POV:

"It's nothing Travis, it really isn't." Katie shook her head.

"You are hiding your bleeding arm behind your back to keep me from seeing it, of course it's not 'nothing'! Katie are you hurting yourself?! Are you getting hurt by something else?! What the fuck happened in that room Katie?!" I demanded as I grabbed her shoulders, genuinely scared for her life. Katie has been one of my best friends since that day, I don't want to see her hurt; I don't want to lose someone else important to me.

"I promise it's nothing." She shook her head. I looked into her eyes and found traces of different emotions: fear, regret, anger, etc. but what stopped me was how she wouldn't look me in the eyes, a universal sign of lying.

"Stop lying Katie!" I yelled, getting frustrated. "Stop lying! I know when you're lying and you're doing it this very moment! Why are hiding your arms Katie?! Show me them!"

"I-I don't want to Travis."

"Katie-Kat please, what happened to trust? Have I done something for you to not trust me? Please tell me what's going on, tell me how I can help you." I felt angry tears in my eyes and cursed myself in my mind. I have to keep strong, Katie needs me to keep strong for both of us even if she doesn't know it.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure showed up behind her and made her stick her arms out.

"Sam!" She yelped.

I ignored her and pulled up her sleeves. There were bandages on one of her arms and the other...the other...I dropped her arms, feeling a tear roll down my face.

"Why Katie-Kat?" I whispered.

"It's just..." She mumbled and looked away. I grabbed her shoulders again, getting a bit frustrated.

"'Just' what? Tell me everything. Tell me why you...why you're doing this! I never expected this from you Katie!"

"Yeah no one does! No one ever expects someone who looks happy to be depressed!" She snarled.

I was taken aback. "Katie-"

"Well guess what, I am! I am and have been for the longest time so drop it and stop caring about it Travis!" She screamed.

"I won't stop caring about it! You're my best fucking friend why wouldn't I fucking care?!" I screamed back.

"Because you're supposed to hate me!"

"I don't hate you Katie!"

"Why not?! Why can't everyone just hate me?! That'd be easier than pretending!"

"Then stop pretending! Stop acting and tell the truth! Get help!"

"It's not easy when you think no one cares and you're better off dead!"