Chapter 1

Robin tried not to retch with nervousness as he got ready for his initiation. Initiation, the word sent a chill down his body, and not the good kind. Every royal member of Marcella Dynasty had gone through this ceremony when they had come of age. All his siblings have gone through it but he didn't remember them to be this nervous. If anything they had been excited. Perhaps because they weren't as hopelessly introverted as him. Unlike his siblings, he never took advantage of his royal blood. He never sneaked out of the palace or experimented with another person. He was, as his siblings called him, dull. When his friends were reading salacious material under the table he was reading history books dreaming about becoming a King one day. A dream that would never be fruitful. Omegas in the Marcella Dynasty or any kingdom that he had heard of become Kings. Omegas were considered too fragile, too precious to become soldiers. Or merchants. Or anything except a breeding stock. The thought sent a ping of ache through his heart.

His stomach was full of knots sitting before the full-length mirror as his maids dressed him for the occasion. He bet his maids knew more about initiation than him. But he wasn't brave enough to ask them what went on behind the doors during the initiation ceremony.

His maids kept their eyes downcast as they laced his gown into place. It wasn't a gown per se. It was a sheer loincloth with plates perfectly folded into it to give it thickness, hiding his nether region. He could sense the look of horror in their eyes as they dressed him up. They had never seen him in an outrageous outfit. He usually wore long sleeve robes that covered him top to bottom, not showing an inch of skin. This left very little to the imagination. The sheer material that made his loincloth came up in two strips to hide some of his upper body and some strips of frills trailed down his lower body. That was all there was to the grown. Strips of sheer clothing.

Robin didn't want to lose his virginity to a stranger even though it was the fate of nearly all aristocratic Marcella members. You need to be ready for the Alpha you would wed.

Robin looked at his knobby knees and cringed. He wished to gain more muscles now that he was eighteen but most omegas remained petite even after full maturity. Robin never wished to be an Alpha but he would have loved thick thighs like some of them. He wondered if his initiator would find his body attractive. Not that it mattered. No matter how ugly, the initiator Alphas can't refuse the ceremony once chosen. A trickle of cold sweat slid down his naked back. It was essentially rape. Robin couldn't refuse either. The imposter, who was also his own uncle, would stand before the initiation chamber if needed to ensure that the initiation had taken place. It was a sick custom. Robin knew other kingdoms followed the same custom with their own variations. Robin was thankful to his mother for refusing to let her kids go through the humiliation of letting their uncle witness their first sexual acts.

Initiation was considered one of the greatest milestones of an omega's life. It meant he had reached sexual maturity and was available for copulation. Now all that was left for him was to be chosen by an Alpha for marriage and produce his heirs.

Robin's goals didn't involve being his Alpha lawful Omega wife. He wanted to take his father's throne but that was only possible for an Alpha male. His younger brother who was only a year younger was to become the next king. Even a child could tell Marco was the most incompetent of all Marcella siblings. But who was to question their father's decision? Marco was the only Alpha born to the King.

Robin sighed as he looked at his reflection once again and saw a young boy who just turned eighteen a week ago but looked much younger than that. On the flip side Robin should be happy he was privileged to have his virginity taken in a controlled environment. Omegas outside the bounds of his palace weren't so lucky. He had heard the horror stories from his schoolmates. Omegas got raped on their heat after they reached maturity by unsuspecting Alpha. And that's how young omegas lost their virginity outside the palace walls. It was horrible to think. At least Robin had a say on who he would choose for his first time. Once his omega hymn was breached he didn't have to take a lover during his first heat, he could take care of it himself.