31- How to tame the Devils part 1

(3rd POV)

(Technology Department)

(Underworld)

Veliona: So... Grayfia. How the hell did someone like you end up working for someone like Sirzechs Lucifer?

Veliona asked in an amused tone as Grayfia was dutifully following Veliona from behind just like Mobius.

Grayfia: A lot of things happened during the Civil War which made me change my allegiance.

Veliona: Oh... is that so. Well let me tell you this Grayfia. What about me? What do you think about me as a mortal human with those characteristics.

Grayfia flinched after hearing the question. After a few seconds of silent, she said without an ounce of emotion in her voice.

Grayfia: I think you are a merciless tyrant and an insane psychopath who want to murder anyone in front of you.

After hearing her answer, Veliona began to giggle at the answer. Grayfia didn't expected her reaction like that.

Mobius: She got you there.

Veliona: Grayfia... your deduction was on point but you missed several points. 1 of them is that I like to torturing soul until they accept death.

Grayfia internally grimaced but there was nothing she could do at this moment. Right now, she was really worried about the survival of their race. After all, they have a chance to survive, unlike Kiana 1st plan to eradicate their race. A couple of hours ago, Veliona had arrived at Gremory Castle along with Mobius. After that, the little girl grabbed Grayfia and took her to the Technology Division to remove her "Evil Piece" as Sirzechs Lucifer had already released her from the service of the Gremory Clan.

It took Ajuka Beelzebub only an hour to remove Grayfia Lucifuge Evil Piece. Now, Grayfia was once again a free Devil. She might be a free Devil but she wasn't free from her duties as a maid. From today onwards, she was the maid of Veliona, The Herrscher of Death. Grayfia had tried to discern the personality of the little girl accompanying Veliona but she had failed to find anything conclusive. From what she saw in the diner, she's nothing but just a servant until she began to drank the wine and got drunk immediately. This time, she saw Mobius as just a gentle little girl who want to play with her friend.

Veliona: So, when is the meeting going to start?

Grayfia: We still have 2 hours before the meeting starts.

Veliona: Grayfia, answer me honestly... do you think that the Underworld could be go like this? Do you believe that it could be ruled by the Devil Council?

Grayfia: No!

She answered with a stoic on her face. Grayfia had seen the level of corruption in the Devil Council, to be honest, she was disgusted by that. Was this why she had decided to betray the Old-Satan Faction? All aside, Grayfia didn't like how Sirzechs Lucifer dealt with the internal affairs of the Underworld. She could understand he wanted to avoid another Civil War among the other Devils but Grayfia believed that Sirzechs should have dealt with the Devil Council with a firmer stance.

Sirzechs Lucifer was so strong but he still allowed the Devil Council to take control the Underworld. The Devil Kings were the rulers of the Underworld in name only. Grayfia hated all of that but she was just a maid at the end of the day. Strongest "Queen" of the Underworld, a pretty fancy title but that what it was... just a title.

Even so, if the level of corruption was this high, was it because of 1 of the Herrscher? After all in the ancient history book she read before, there was 1 Herrscher that rule over all and is the concept of this very power... "Corruption".