08

I lay in bed twisting and turning thinking of Enzo, I get up and sneak into his room to find him writing in the journal I gave him when he sees me he just turns back around and continues writing

I lay in bed twisting and turning thinking of Enzo, I get up and sneak into his room to find him writing in the journal I gave him when he sees me he just turns back around and continues writing. "Enzo," I whisper letting myself into the room and closing the door behind me. "Elora you already said everything that needed to be said just go back to your room until morning." "Enzo you said you've never been in a relationship before, what about Violet?" I ask discarding what he'd just said. "I was in love with her, I never dated her."

"You're writing, that's good." I begin walking closer to him, "what are you doing in here Elora?" "I couldn't sleep." "Neither could I, you're pushing away from me I don't know what to do with that, Im the one who pushes away." He says while continuing to write, I don't know how he writes and talks. "I want more than you can give me." I sigh while sitting on his bed, "How do you know what I can give?" "I've been a virgin since I was a little girl, Im waiting for the guy ill start a family with, have kids with, spend forever with and I have a feeling that you aren't that guy."

"You're a virgin?" He threw his pen down and looked at me, "Yes." "No guy has ever, been inside of you?" I swallow a lump in my throat, "No, never." "I don't know about forever only right now, live in the now with me." I lean on top of him kissing him he runs his hands up my waist, "What does that mean?" I ask, "You know what it means." His phone begins ringing, he pulls it from his pocket. "The guy who shot you is ready for me, I have to go." He said while getting up, "Let me, interrogate him, torture him." I say while sitting on his bed, "No, that's way too dangerous." "He'll be tied up and it'll be fun," I say while walking past him.

I follow him out of the house and to a garage outside of his mansion with a car in it, a very nice car that looked very expensive. "Shouldn't your driver drive us?" "No, I can drive." I get into the car after him, "The limos don't drive nearly as fast as this." He turned the engine on and began driving, "what do you write about?" He asks, "You." "If you want something ask and it's yours." His words cause me to clench my thighs.

He stops the car after driving for an unknown moment of time to me, I was busy, fantasizing. "Angel, we're here." He says while getting out of the car and opening the door for me, "thanks." He grabs my hand allowing me out of the car before pulling in for a kiss, "Im taking you out for dinner tomorrow." He says, "I can't, ill be busy thinking of excuses for why I've disappeared the last week." He looked stunned that I would say no, "Tell everyone you met me, Lorenzo Romano and they will shit their pants." He smiles, his dimple showing, he's only smiled once before. "You should smile more," he immediately stops smiling.

He leads me to a castle-like building and into the basement where there are multiple cells and he leads me to one where Alessio with 2 guards are standing, "Has he said anything?" Enzo asks, "Nothing boss." "Okay, Elora let's go." He opens the cell door, "You're taking her with you?" Alessio asks, "Problem?" Enzo asks, "No boss."

I follow him into the cell where the man is laying with his head down, arms and legs tied to the chair. "Mateo," Enzo hissed while kicking the chair causing the man to pick his head. "Fffuck you," the man slurred. "Who do you work for?" I ask, his eyes leave Enzo and meet mine. "You don't have to answer, I'd have plenty of fun ripping your nails out." I smile at him, "You're a bitch." He spat, "It wasn't very nice of you, you know shooting me, it would've been less nice if you knew how to aim but hey we're imperfect humans."

Enzo slides a knife into my hand, "don't kill him... yet." I open the knife and hold it to his neck, he groans. "Why did you try to shoot me?" I ask applying more pressure to his neck with the knife, "I- I work for your mother, Alice Moore, she sent me to kill you." "Angel, let Alessio take care of him." Enzo says behind me, "Can I?" I ask looking back at him the knife is still on his neck, "Of course Angel." I take no second thought before stabbing the neck into his carotid artery, the blood vessel that makes you bleed out in seconds and he did just that.

I wipe the knife on the man's clothes before handing it back to Enzo, "Don't say anything," I beg of Enzo, "My mom has wanted me dead for a long time, she has tried to kill me, I don't need your pity I've done just fine without it." I say before walking out of the cell.

"Is everything okay sweetheart?" Alessio asks, "No because you just called me sweetheart, tell me if Enzo was right here would you call me that?" I was in a wave of anger, my mind isn't my own. "Sorry Elora," "No don't call me by my name, Ms. Moore will be fine Alessio." I can't finish before Enzo comes out of the cell, "Alessio get rid of him." Enzo says while pulling me aside.

"You don't need my pity, or my protection I get it, you deserve my pity and protection, you've earned it Elora, I don't imagine you as a little girl who needs help or is weak, I Imagine you the exact opposite so let me help you in all the ways I know how, now can I kill your mother?" I laugh at his words, kill my mother? Ive wanted that for years, as badly as she wants me dead I want the same for her.

"No, don't kill her, let her have her fun, I'll be fine." He placed a kiss on my forehead before leading me back out to the car, "Do you have any alcohol in here?" I ask, "In the glove box, don't drink too much it's strong." I open the glove box to see a bottle of, I don't know. I don't check before taking a large sip of whatever it was, "Angel." Enzo says loudly, "I can handle it." I have another sip, I love the burning as it goes down.

Enzo begins driving home as I continue drinking, by the time we get home Im drunk, very drunk. "Lorenzo," I slur. "Elora I told you to go easy, fuck." He hisses while picking me up from the passenger seat, he carries me into the house. "Do you want me to take her?" I faintly hear Victor ask, "No I got her." I felt him gently lay me in the bed, "Enzo." I say as I see him leaving out of the door, "I need to shower, I smell like death, can you help me?" I ask, he walks out of the room and comes back holding one of his shirts.

He picks me up, helps me stand, and walks me over to the bathroom. "Warm water, not too hot." I slur as he turns the water on and I sit on the closed toilet. "Okay, I'll be waiting out here," he says while walking out of the bathroom. "Stay, I need help." "Aloa, your drunk and, fuck." He groans again. "Im drunk and I'm saying yes and in a moment ill be naked." I tease, "When I fuck you, I want you to be sober so you can feel every single moment of it, ill have Victor bring you a glass of water." He said while closing the bathroom door behind himself.

I undress and get into the shower, I hear Victor come in the door and then leave back out. I finish showering and put on Enzo's shirt, it fit him perfectly but on me, it looked like a dress.

I stumble out of the bathroom to find him sitting on my bed, "Angel I took you not to drink too much." He says while grabbing me to help me get to the bed, "Are you mad at me?" "No Angelo, never." He lays me in the bed covering me up, "Buonanotte angelo mio" (goodnight my angel.)

"Lay with me Enzo, I don't want sex, I want what I read," I say while picking up the novel I keep on my nightstand, "whatever I want right? I want comfort, I want what my parents and boyfriends never gave me, and I don't mean sex, well maybe sex someday but not today."

He climbs into bed next to me, "You deserved better my angel." "So did you Enzo." "No, I didn't, I was born into blood." He sighs in my ear, "you deserved better Enzo." I turn around so I'm facing him, "I can't sleep in here, I won't be able to resist, see you in the morning ." He said and the next moment he was out of the door.

I dread going to sleep because I'm going to wake up with a throbbing headache. I stand up and go into Enzo's room, "what are you doing Angel." I don't answer him, instead, I crawl into his bed and put his arm over me. "Elora," he whispers, "Shhh just sleep," I say while closing my eyes.

Knowing he was there, feeling the warmth radiate off of him was enough for me.