29

"You all will be on your best behavior and shoot no one?" I ask all of the trainees and others of my clan, "Of course boss, now that your boning the other boss

"You all will be on your best behavior and shoot no one?" I ask all of the trainees and others of my clan, "Of course boss, now that your boning the other boss." Jackson says while laughing, I slowly pull my gun from the slit of my dress, and I aim it perfectly at his chest. 

"What was that Jackson?" I ask while smiling, "N- Nothing boss, sorry." I slide the gun back into the slit of my dress before exiting the car, Lorenzo is waiting outside of my limo. "Odd that we will be married this time tomorrow," I point out before wrapping my arm around his. 

"That ring looks so fucking beautiful on your finger," his eyes don't leave it. "It does, thank you. Now eyes on the cameras." I smile as the paparazzi take a million pictures of us, as we walk through the flashing lights I can't help but wonder if the paparazzi is stupid. Flashing bright lights in my eyes when I could simply end them in a second. 

We enter my house, where the ball is. Everyone stops talking and their eyes fall to us as we make our way to the living room, "if everyone doesn't stop staring I'm going to shoot out their eyeballs." I whisper in Enzo's ear. "Let's go, they're waiting for us to speak, what do I even say?" I ask still whispering. 

"Tell them not to be fucking idiots and that they will work together, peacefully or we'll kill them," I reply with a nod before Enzo and I step up to where a microphone has been placed. I clear my throat to make sure the microphone works. 

"This business arrangement is for the good of both of our mafias, the serpents and Russo's have been enemies for years, its a known fact. We will put that behind us, we will work together as one and anyone who cannot do that will die, not by my hand or Lorenzo's but by your own, your own stupidity so don't be stupid, hold your grudges be upset on your own time, when you are here, working, you work as one, after tomorrow it's not the serpents against the Russo clan, it's us- all of us against them." I smile, some people clap others just stand there looking at me as if I'm crazy, if only they knew how crazy I actually am. 

"Continue with your night and don't kill each other," I add before stepping away from the microphone. "Are you okay?" Enzo asks as I pour myself a glass of wine, "Im fine." I say totally unconvincing, "Elora." He says sternly, "Im fine, don't you get that Lorenzo, I'm always fine." I snap before finishing the glass of wine. 

"You don't have to always be fine." "I do, I really do, I'm going to go see my dad before the wedding, I'll see you tomorrow, when we get married, bye." I smile before walking away. 

~~~

I knock on my dad's door three times before Elena opens it, "Elora, are you here on b- business?" She sounds terrified, "I am not here to kill you, I just want to talk to dad, is he sober at all?" "No, he's crashed in his bed, I just picked him up from the bar." She sighs before opening the door allowing me in. 

"You're getting married? Exiting," she says trying to break the silence. "It's a business arrangement, not exactly the highlight of my life but then again I wouldn't highlight any part of my life, how have you been? Have a boyfriend, girlfriend, college?" 

"I'm going to law school, I just don't know what to do about dad." She sighs before sitting next to me on the couch, "I'll check him into rehab, I have money, lots of it, when he gets out he can come back here, he doesn't need you to live with him, I'll check on him and you go off to college and live, don't let him hold you back." 

"You'd do that for me- for us?" Her eyes become glossy with tears, "I know I don't act it but there's very little I wouldn't do for you and dad, I know what family means I'm just too stuborn to treat him like my family but you Elena, you are pure and innocent and I'm your family." She gives me a quick hug before my dad walks into the living room. 

"My two favorite girls getting along," he smiles before grabbing a bottle of water. "Did you know, no of course you knew, why the hell didn't you tell me?" I ask walking closer to him, "your mother likes the element of surprise, I didn't know that you should know." 

I feel a rage unlike any kind, I would kill him but I just fed Elena that whole 'family' speech. "You didn't think it was important?" I ask trying not to kill him, "I thought she'd told you, I hear your getting married." "I am, I was going to ask you to walk me down the aisle but Rose is more my family than you." I turn away from I'm before pulling out a wedding invitation. 

"Elena, would you be one of my brides mades?" I ask while hanging her the invasion, "of course, what color is my dress?" "Red, just like mine, ill have someone bring it over to make sure it fits and pick you up tomorrow, if dad is blackout drunk on the side of the road, leave him there Elena. Live." I give her one more hug before making my way out of the door. 

I step into my limo to see Silas, sitting there, no idea how he got there. "Silas, why are you here?" "Enzo said you needed something, someone, he said you're not fine at all." "I am fine." "You've said that so many times that it doesn't even sound like a word anymore, you arent fine." Silas says, "Why is he here, why did you let him in here?" I ask the driver and bodyguard. 

"I am okay Silas really, Im great, I'm getting married to Lorenzo the man I love, why wouldn't I be fine?" I ask, "because your getting married to Lorenzo Romano, the man who loves you." He makes a good point nd that very well could be the problem.

"I ask again why did you let him in?" I ask, "Lorenzo sent me, he's the alpha male he can do whatever he wants." "To Lorneoz's house please," I request. "Of course boss." The driver says before he begins driving. 

"I am going to kill him, one day is all I wanted one day before the wedding, but then we had to do the ball so one hour is all I wanted alone and here you are, Silas the man who wants to-" Silas cuts me off my handing me a glass. "What is this?" I ask, "Whiskey, drink it, it'll help." I take a couple of small sips to warm up to the burn before downing the glass.

~~~

"Lorenzo," I scream as soon as I enter his house. "Yes, love?" "Is that my new nickname, beside the point, why do you always have to prove you're the alpha male, if I say I'm fine I mean I am fine." I push against the wall, "I don't have to prove anything love, I am the alpha male." 

I take a deep breath before pushing my knife against his throat, all of his guards point their guns at me. "If any of you touch her I will kill you myself," he barked at the guards. "Alpha male, huh?" I push the knife slightly into his skin causing a tiny bit of blood to start flowing out, "You are truly infuriating Lorenzo." I remove the knife from his neck.

"Hopefully your tie covers that," I say pointing to the blood following out of his neck. "Is somebody going to give him something to cover that up or are you all fucking idiots?" I scream, "sorry Mr. Romano." The guard hands him a cloth. "See you tomorrow, because I am fine," I scream before walking out.