43

Im not afraid to die, especially not for her because I couldn't stop loving her any more than I could stop breathing

Im not afraid to die, especially not for her because I couldn't stop loving her any more than I could stop breathing. I wouldn't live if she didn't so maybe I'm selfish for making her live through losing me but better I die than her. So I'm going to make the most of these next four days and then ill die. 

"Beach sex or Bed-sex?" Elora asks as she stretches her arms, we got to the beach house last and she cried and then fell asleep while I was holding her, I just watched her sleep. 

I let out a chuckle, "Are you hungry my love?" I ask she props her head on her hand sitting up looking at me, "fine we can go eat, Val wants french toast and eggs and some milk and apples." She throws the cover off of us, shes been eating a lot, but she doesn't need to know that.

"I have to pee, and brush my teeth love you." She smiles before walking to the bathroom, she is very cheerful. I brush it off before getting up and going to the kitchen, the sound of the waves filling my ears. Truth be told I love it here, the waves, the sand I find it comforting.

After gathering the ingredients I stand at the counter looking out of the window to the beach waiting for Elora. I have little to no idea how to cook, it's against everything my mother believes because I'm Italian but I never learned. "Ro," Elora says revealing herself with tears in her eyes. "My love, what happened?" 

"Who is gonna teach her to play the piano if she wants, or protect her, love her, who is gonna love her in a way a mother cant?" She asks as a tear rolls down her cheek. I walk up to her and wipe the tear from her cheek, I can't provide her comfort because I don't have any. "You'll be okay amore, now sit your pretty ass down so I can cook." I demand, "no, no you need help." She wipes her tears away, "and you need to sit down, don't worry about me." 

She sighs before making her way over to the counter and sits on it, "we have a table and chairs." I point out, "and a counter," she smiles. "Now come make food, shes hungry." She smiles while waving me over, "I got you something." I say while pulling a ring from my pocket, "I had it made before we went to find your mother." I explain.

"Why?" "Just read it," I say while handing it to her, the inside of it is engraved, 'you are my sun and moon.' "Ro, you shouldn't have." She whispers, "I should have, you are my everything, you can't ever doubt that." I slide the ring on her other ring finger.

Enzo made a huge breakfast while I sat and looked at my ring, now we're sitting on the beach, he's so cute playing in the water I can't help but smile

Enzo made a huge breakfast while I sat and looked at my ring, now we're sitting on the beach, he's so cute playing in the water I can't help but smile. Im sitting and try to read but my eyes always end up on him. "Come on amore," he says with open arms, I set my books down before running my hand over my stomach. 

"We'll be okay, Val, even if I have to move heaven and earth to get it." I whisper before making my way to his arms, he wraps him around my waist and pulls me into his chest, "promise me something." I say while looking up at him, "anything my love." "Fall in love with me every time." He looks confused.

"In every life, if we're butterflies or old and smelly people, or whales or whatever just fall in love with me every time no matter what." I say quietly, "of course my love, no matter what." He says while stroking my hair, "is the water cold?" I ask, "no it's warm." I pull away from him before I begin stripping. 

"Take off your clothes," I demand because he's just staring at me. "Unless you want to swim in clothes, that's always an option I guess," I say while pulling off my last piece of clothing, he finally begins stripping, and then we had sex. In the water, on a chair on the beach, on the kitchen counter, and in the bed. 

~~~

Three days, we have three days left. I can't wrap my head around it, he's here, laying next to me and in three days he won't be. It doesn't feel real, I don't want it to be real. "So, what are we doing today?" I ask while poking his chest, "apparently, not sleeping." He groans, "well can you talk to it- to her, she hates me and my voice and won't stop kicking, you could play her a song, there's a piano in the living room."

He looks at the clock before looking back at me, "It's six in the morning, my love," he whispers. "Tell that to her, like she's fighting someone in there." His eyes widen, "what if it's twins." He smiles, "that's not cute or funny, we would know if there were twins, right?" "Yeah, no twins calm down." I let out a breath before the baby kicks again.

"She won't stop kicking me," I whine. He places a hand on my stomach, "damn." He whispers, "you're telling me, tell her to stop," he lowers his head to my stomach, "Valentina, I think you should stop kicking, your mamma thinks you hate her." She kicks again, only harder. "See, she hates me." I whine, "she doesn't, she's just exercising."

His excuses are shit.

"Exercising, in my womb?" "It's good that she's kicking, your 23 weeks so she needs to move," it's annoying how much he knows about this stuff. "We only have three days, you have three days so what if you hate what we do or you get bored," I say as the possibility runs through my head.

"Breathe my love," he says before gently pressing our lips together. "Breathe? I can't breathe and soon you won't be and then I won't want to so no, I can't just breathe." "Okay, what can I do?" He asks, "not sacrifice yourself." He strokes my cheek with his thumb, "Te Amo." He whispers.

"And sometimes death is the price you have to pay for love, you know that better than anyone," he explains. "I just wish it didn't always have to be you, we both deserve to be happy." "You have made me the happiest man in the world."