22

It's been six months, half of a year, 182 days without him, his touch, his smell, his lips, tongue, clothes, and a thousand other things I could say

It's been six months, half of a year, 182 days without him, his touch, his smell, his lips, tongue, clothes, and a thousand other things I could say. Buissness is good, great, especially since I don't have a boyfriend to worry about, that was the entire point, and I have lots of anger and less remorse. 

One thing that's complicated is I and Silas, we are like best friends and it's great but then I see Enzo all over the house. The trainees are slightly less idiotic, they only have another month of training. 

"Elora, Lorenzo Romano is here, he wants to see you," Diego informs me, my eyes widen and I freeze. I am literally frozen, "Me?" I ask in disbelief, "Yes, shall I tell him to wait in your office?" It takes me a moment to gather myself, "Yes please." I say, my voice is shaky and unclear but he nods before walking away.

What is he doing here?

I sit in my office chair, spinning, waiting. The door slowly creeps open, "Lorenzo." I greet him, and he opens the door and sits in the chair across from me. "What are you doing here?" I ask, "it's been six months." I squint my eyes trying to figure out the point, "Mmh, and?" "Your Mafia is number two, mine is number one. You broke up with me-" I didn't hear anything after that, did he come here to beg me to come back to him?

No fucking way. 

"Enzo," I say while clenching my stomach, I do not feel good at all. "Yes, Elora?" "Why are you here." "To renegotiate the terms of our breakup," he says as if it's a business agreement. "One good reason why I should?" I ask, "I can't sleep." Yeah, that's a damned good reason, neither can I.

"Well, melatonin is great for sleep aid, you can get little gummies, or-" "You know that's not what I meant." He says, my eyes widen as they meet his. Fuck, I am going to give in. "Marry me." 

what did he just say? 

My eyes meet the trashcan placed under my desk, I try and keep it in but I grab the trashcan and vomit into it, violently vomiting. He pulls one of those things out of his suit, the handkerchief things, and hands it to me. "Thanks, what did you just say?" I ask while dabbing my mouth with the napkin, "Marry me." My stomach drops again, "What- no?" I say confused. 

"Marriage for convenience, two most powerful Mafia leaders joined as one, we'd be unstoppable." He offers again, "It's not marriage for convenience if we are in love with each other." My god, did I just say that, "So why shouldn't we get married? If we're in love." He leans back in the chair, "Lorenzo Romano, you are joking right?"

"I am deadly serious." "No, we- no." is all I can manage to get out, "Okay, be my girlfriend." Okay, what is he doing? He begins fishing for something in this tux, he pulls out a tiny box and opens it. The necklace Silas told me about, the word Angel hanging from a silver chain, "Enzo." I sigh as my eyes linger between him and the necklace. 

"Yes, or no?" 

I don't answer, I stay silent. "Come with me, for three days and then answer." He says, "where to?" "A lake house I brought." Am I completely insane, yes? "Fine, three days, I'll go pack a bag," I say before standing up. 

~~~

"Let's go Elora," he was while holding the passenger car door open for me. "Okay, okay, I'm coming." I hand him my bags before sitting in the car. Minutes later he sits in the driver's seat, "So what's your plan? Fuck me, kiss me, what?" I ask while pulling my phone from my pocket, "You'll just have to see." I scoff at his words before texting Diego and Alejandra, she's one of my clan, and she's taking over for me for three days while I go with Enzo. 

"So, you and Silas?" Enzo asks, "What about me and my new BFF?" I tease, I could see him tense up. "What the fuck, what is a BFF?" "A best friend forever," I explain to him. "Silas is not your best friend for anything thing." He hissed, "fine, eyes on the road grampa." He looked distressed at my words. 

I could imagine myself being his girlfriend, baking with him, killing people with him, laying next to him, I could be his girlfriend even though I'm pretty sure neither of us really knows what it means, "I'll do it." I blurt out, "what?" "Be your girlfriend, on one term." Now I'm the one acting like it's a business arrangement, "what is it?" "We have to bake my grandma's chocolate chip cookie's at least twice a month," I smile while holding up two fingers. 

He turned away from me, "Are you blushing?" I ask while laughing, at him. "I am not blushing." He was defiantly blushing, "so you're mine?" He turned looking back at me, "eyes on the road, but I am." He suddenly pulls the car over to the side of the road, "get out of the car." He demands, I step out of the car. He walks over to me before pushing me against the side of the car with his hands on my waist, "you have no idea how much ive missed you." He whispers in my ear before kissing me. 

Magical, heart-wrenching in the best way possible, the best kiss I have ever had. 

AN: Sorry for the short chapter.