41

It's been ten weeks, and not a word from my mom

It's been ten weeks, and not a word from my mom. It's good, nice. Im not worried about her, I should be but I'm not. I am living happily with Enzo and the fetus in my stomach. I popped, my stomach is huge and Enzo sings to it every night and it was weird at first until she started kicking and Enzo was right, it is a girl. He cried tears of joy when he found out it was a girl. We put Jax with a nice couple who have been looking to adopt for years.

The police commander is currently in the hospital, after killing his entire family we burnt his house down but he didn't die, so now he's in the hospital with burns all over his body, I think he got the message. 

I wake up to Enzo's hand on my stomach, again. I immediately feel her kicking, "Please stop." I groan, she only kicks harder. "She hates me." I say looking at Enzo with wide eyes, "no she doesn't." "She does, talk to her, she hates me and my voice." He chuckles before lowering his mouth to my stomach.

"Baby, stop kicking your mother, she thinks you hate her." He looks back up at me, but she doesn't stop kicking. "Silas is better at this." I sigh removing his hand, there's a knock on the door. "Enter," I demand Victor enters the room.  "Mrs. Romano, I hate uh bad news about your." He just stops talking, "about what Victor?" I sit up on the bed, "your sister, was murdered in her house this morning, should we inspect the crime scene?"

No fucking way. I feel the air leave my lungs, "no I will do it, don't go inside of the house, my dad what happened to him?" I asked expecting him to be dead, "he's fine, he was seen leaving the house after the body has found." He says, "Go make sure the cops don't take the body, or touch the house." I demand causing him to scurry out.

"Are you okay Elora?" Enzo asks looking at me with sympathy, "why would I be fine? She wasted her entire life taking care of our alcoholic dad and I was the worst sister in the world, I barely helped her." I say as my eyes fill with tears, "Angel, that's not true, she was going to college because of you." 

"Do you think it was my mom?" I ask breaking the silence, "no she's-" he falls into dead silence, "what gone? She's not gone. We need to go." I say while standing up on the bed, "why don't we just send someone to do it amore?" He asks with the same sympathetic eyes, "because she was my sister." He gets off the bed at my words.

Im not sure I can do this, see her dead on the floor, see my dad drunk because he lost another person, and I know he'll blame me. When a terrible thing happens you have to blame someone, I'm okay with being the villain, the bad guy I can do that but he doesn't understand me, and that's what I can't deal with. 

~~~

We walk into my dad's house, "Elora are you sure you can do this?" Enzo asks, "No, of course not but I have to." I walk into the living room where the body is, I hold but my tears as I see her body, a hole through her head, eyes open, body limp. I could throw up right now. I walk up to her body ignoring the pool of blood, "Im so sorry my sweet girl." I whisper before using my hand to close her eyes.

"Tell Diego to get in here with the body bag." I turn to Enzo who is silent, he's acting how I should be. He nods before walking out of the living room, I look around for a note, something. I see something in the unlit fireplace and pick it up. '1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, times up, here I come.' Followed by a phone number. My breath stops, everything goes silent and I feel like I'm floating. 

"Elora," Enzo says as I feel his hands on my shoulders. "If you ask me if I'm okay ill kill you," I say as I hear the zip up of a bodybag, I close my eyes trying not to make a sound.  A tear falls down my cheek, I hand Enzo the note. He takes a moment before reacting, "what the fuck does it mean?" He asks, "We gave us our ten weeks now she's coming to get what she wants." 

"Which is?" He asks, "ask God, I'm not the knower of all things, I'm going to call her." I stand up, "what?" He asks looking dumbfounded, "well how else am I going to know what she wants, I'm done playing this waiting game she killed my sister." I say loudly, "let's just go find your dad." "I don't want to find my dad, he's drunk in a bar or on the side of the road and I am done with it, Ill be in the car." I storm away stepping over the blood spot that's stained the carpet.

"Elora let's just-" "Let's what? Keep pretending like my mother doesn't want me dead or like we can actually be happy tell me please?" I snap, I'm defiantly freaking out. "Let's go call your mom," he says quietly. I know he doesn't want me to, it's obvious but he's not going to break out into a blind rage and scream at me either. 

We walk into the house where Silas is sitting at the table, "Im going to go change

We walk into the house where Silas is sitting at the table, "Im going to go change." Elora gives me a small smile, I kiss her on the forehead before she makes her way to the elevator. "Do you think she'll be okay?" I ask Silas, "She's fine." I sigh at his words, "she's always fine, that's her problem."

I push the call button, it rings three times before going silent

I push the call button, it rings three times before going silent. "Daughter," she greets. "What do you want?" I ask, "to ruin your life." With her words, my mind goes rouge thinking of all the things she could do to hurt me. 

"How do you want to do that?" I ask trying to steady my voice, "Well that's easy, I want you, your child, or your husband, choose your pick and get me an answer by the end of the week." She says before hanging up. 

That is one way to ruin my life, or three, three very big ways to ruin me.