38

I wake up with nausea, I run to the bathroom and puke in the toilet

I wake up with nausea, I run to the bathroom and puke in the toilet. I've been telling myself that it's worth it, I get a baby, but morning sickness happens all day apparently, and it's annoying as hell.

I wipe my mouth with a piece of tissue as Enzo comes into the bathroom, "are you, okay Angel?" He asks, "No, and I haven't been for a week now, I vomit all day every day when all I want to do is kill that police commander." I say as my eyes fill with tears, "and I can't stop crying so I'm not okay," I add.

He pulls me into his chest, "It's okay Angel, what can I get you?" "Nothing, did Alejandra kill Officer Jones?" I ask, "And his entire family." "Didn't he have a five-year-old?" I ask as my eyes fill with tears again, "yeah, about him." I pull away from his chest, "what about him?" I ask, "You should get dressed so we can go."

~~~

I pull my hair back into a ponytail, "I'm ready to go, are you going to tell me what happened to him?" I ask while we walk out of our bedroom door, "Nothing, that's the problem, he's at the base in a cell and I don't know what to do with him." "We're surely not killing him." I assure him as we step on the elevator, "he has blue blood, he'll grow up and come for us when our daughter is running the Mafia." "Don't speak of such things, he's a child, he's five, and we very well could have a son," I assure him as we step off of the elevator. 

"It's a girl." "And if it is a boy?" I ask while looking back at him, "She isn't." "Well, it is still it until we know what it really is." I say as we step into the limo that was waiting for us, "It is not it, she is a she." "And I'm done talking about the nonexistent gender of the fetus, what do you suppose we do with the five-year-old boy? And if you say kill him I will gladly kill you." I say while smiling. 

"What do you want to do, take him in and nurture him?" He asks, my silence is an answer enough. "Elora, we are not taking in a cop's child." "Oh for god's sake we all bleed the same colour, he's just a child and I will not let you or anyone else touch him, we'll find him a good family if not us." "Not us," he says under his breath. "He's a child, do you think he'll pull out a gun and shoot you?" "He might," he says loudly.

I let out a small laugh, "you are scared of the child, great." I let out an exhale, "I just don't know what to do with him, besides killing him." "How could you say that?" He just shrugs his shoulders, "If someone kills both of us would you want them to kill the baby too? Think like a person, if you can even do that." I say the last part under my breath.

Not long after we make our way to a cell, I slowly open the door to see the little boy curled into a ball on the floor, "see, he's all sad and shit, I don't know what to do with him." Enzo whispers in my ear, "Leave me." I say causing him to step out, I close the door behind him. "Hi, I'm Elora, what's your name?" I ask quietly, stepping closer to him. 

"It's okay, no one gonna hurt you." I assure him, "Jackson, but everyone calls me Jax." He says looking up, "Where's my mommy and daddy?" He asks as his eyes fill with tears once again, his pyjamas are dirty. "Are you hungry?" I asked sitting next to him on the floor, he slowly nods. "Okay, let's go." I stand up and hold my hand out for him to take.