44

Time is up

Time is up.

Our time is up.

I wake up to the kicks of baby Val to Enzo still asleep. I don't know how the hell he is sleeping when our time is up. "Lorenzo," I poke his shoulder, "Lorenzo Romano wake the hell up," I say while poking his bare chest. "Yes, Elora?" "I can't sleep." It's probably because I've been crying all day and night.

"Amore, it's okay, hungry?" "If I eat I'll throw up, how does this even work, is there a meeting time or a deadline," I would know what was going on but I've been out of the loop for the past three days. "She said she's giving me until seven pm, she said she's showing me kindness for you." He explains.

"She a bitch who I can't wait to kill, you've been talking to her?" "I had Silas go pick up Giovanni and lock him in the basement and make him text your mother." "We need to leave, seven pm it's nine am we need to go right now," I say while getting up. "Elora-" "No, you need to say goodbye to uh Silas and oh god your mom, I am so sorry," I say as my eyes fill with tears again.

"Why are you sorry?" He finally gets off the bed and picks my chin up so I'm looking at him, "If you never met this none of this would be happening to you and your mom, I am so sorry." My tears begin pouring out, "It is not your fault Elora." That is fucking bullshit, it is my fault.

"It is, can you just play me one more song before we go?" I ask, "Anything." "Okay, we have a guitar downstairs too, I'll play it but this song reminds me of us," I say before grabbing his hand and leading him down the stairs. I spend a few minutes explaining the notes he needs to play and when before grabbing the guitar, "Okay ill sing and you play and I will try to not cry." I began strumming the chords and singing.

I place the guitar down next to me, "damn you were right, that is our song." Enzo says, I let out a small chuckle before looking at him. "It is, we should get going." "We don't have to," he says. "We do, you and Silas have been friends forever and Katarina and your mom and everyone and we just need to go, now please."

~~~

We walk into our house to everyone standing around waiting for us, "why is everyone standing around, did work stop?" Enzo asks, everyone scatters except Silas and Katarina. My eyes are glued to the floor, if I look up I'll cry and if I start crying will never stop.

"I'll be upstairs," I say before making my way to the elevator. "Elora-" Silas says while sliding into the elevator with me, "Silas you could say- you should stay with Enzo." "Elora, are you okay?" I laugh at his words, "Okay, how would I possibly be okay?" He pushes the emergency stop button.

"Do you need to cry?" "I need my mother not to kill my husband and I need my daughter to grow up with a father neither of which can be fixed with crying so no, I don't need to cry." I blurt out, "And I am not trying to be rude but I really think you should go be with Enzo."

He pushes the button again before letting me off the elevator, I sit on our bed staring at the wall when he walks in, "it's nearing two pm," he informs me before sitting next to me.

"I'm aware, you know I really am sorry Enzo," I look up at him and my eyes fill with tears, "I'm not, you are by far the best thing that ever happened to me." He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, I grab his hand before intertwining our fingers.

"I love you so much, I used to think it was too much like on our wedding night I never felt so safe, in your arms while we were dancing or as seen as I felt when I walked down the aisle." He picks our hands up before kissing mine, and the tears just pour out.

"Please don't leave me," I beg. "I don't have a choice, my love." I would fight him, I would tell him that he does have a choice, I would try and convince him to stay for us but I can't, all I do is lay in his chest and cry, it's all I can do.

" I would fight him, I would tell him that he does have a choice, I would try and convince him to stay for us but I can't, all I do is lay in his chest and cry,  it's all I can do

I step off the elevator with Elora's words ringing in my head. My eyes meet Silas's, "Lorenzo," he greets. "I have to say thank you, I wouldn't have made it as long as I did without you, can you take care of them when I'm gone?" He nods at my words, "And don't marry her or some shit just take care of them."

He lets out a small chuckle, "I really thought you would never die, but here you are sacrificing yourself for your family and I couldn't be more proud of you, it's been my greatest honour, Lorenzo, really, what's Elora doing?" He asks while handing me a glass of a drink of some kind.

"Sleeping, I didn't tell her the real-time so she wouldn't worry, just be there when she wakes up, goodbye Silas." He hugs me before I make my way to the front door, my mother is standing at the door.

"il mio dolce ragazzo," (my sweet boy) She says quietly before pulling me in for a hug, "I'm so proud of you Lorenzo, you're doing good." She kisses me on the cheek before letting me go. "Elora thinks it's her fault, help her will you?"

"Lorenzo, are you sure?" Silas asks behind me, "It always had to be me, I couldn't stop loving her any more than I could stop breathing, if she died I wouldn't survive, it's better this way." I look from him to my mother with a farewell look.

If I wasn't doing this for them I think I would be sadder but I wasn't lying, I'm not afraid even if there's only darkness after this, she is my world my life my sun stars, and moon and I will always be watching her, and our child, ill help them even when they think they don't need it.

I will always be there and I will always love her but sometimes you must die for those you love.