Chapter 28

We have been driving for a few minutes now. He hadn't said much to me since we left the house. I looked over to Eddie who seemed very focused on the road.

"Hey Eddie, why don't you put the music back on." I told him.

"Yeah, yeah good idea." He responded as he reached over and turned the radio back on.

Iron Maiden started blaring from the speakers agon.

He turned it down to a level that we would be able to enjoy but also talk if we wanted.

"Sorry." He said again as if the loud music bothered me.

"Eddie, you can play your music as loud as you want." I told him.

"This is fine." He responded as he continued driving.

It was nice to be able to sit in silence and not feel uncomfortable. To be able to just enjoy the music that I found myself tapping my hand out the window.

"So what do you do for fun besides play D&D and sell young impressionable children drugs?" I asked him.

"Well first I don't sell children drugs. I sell teenagers drugs." He answered with a slight chuckle in his voice. "And not much, there isn't much to do around here." He told me.

"There has to be something else to do around here." I responded.

"Well I am in a band." He told me.

"No shit. That's so cool." I said as I sat up and turned to look at him.

"Are you any good?" I asked.

"Well I think so but I'm also a little in the band so." He answered.

"What's the name?" I asked him.

"Oh my band? " He asked in return.

"No of the president's first born daughters. Yeah of your band." I said as I reached over and punched his shoulder softly.

He looked down at the spot I had touched for a second as if I had hit him full force before focusing back on the road.

Did I hit him hard? I didn't mean to. I thought as I worried I may have hurt him.

"Corroded Coffin." He told me.

"That sounds cool. So are you the singer?" I asked him.

"No, I can't sing. Jeff is standing in for our lead vocalist until we can replace Ted." He told me. "I'm the lead guitarist."

"That's even better." I told him.

"How is that better than the front man of the band?" He asked me.

"Well you know what they say about lead guitarists?" I asked him.

"No, what do they say?" He asked me in response.

"That they know what to do with their hands." I teased him causing him to blush then laugh nervously.

"I have never heard anyone say that." He responded.

"Well then you have been hanging out with the wrong girls." I said as I looked out the window as we drove by the arcade.

The bright lights were glowing brighter than usual and as we drove by the colors all started to blend into long cords that moved like waves in the ocean but in the sky.

"I guess I have." He replied causing me

"You should go out to California some time. The girls out there would love you." I told him as I looked at my hand that was hanging out the window as it moved in the wind.