Chapter 62

"I never gave up on you." Mike told her. "I called you every night. Every night for..."

"353 days." She finished for him. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" He asked her. "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper answered for her.

Mike turned around and looked at Hopper angrily.

"The hell is this? Where have you been?" Hopper asked Eleven as he walked over to her.

"Where have you been?" She snapped at him.

He didn't answer her; he just pulled her into a hug and placed a kiss on the top of her head the way a father who loved his daughter would.

"You've been hiding her." Mike said to Hopper.

"You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yelled as he pushed Hopper.

"Hey!" Hopper yelled as he turned around to face Mike. "Let's talk." He said as he grabbed Mike's shirt trying to hold him still. "Alone."

The two of them left the room and went into Jonathan's bedroom where Mike continued to yell at Hopper which I chose to tune out. Dustin and Lucas walked over to Eleven and she pulled them both into a tight group hug.

"We missed you." Lucas told her.

"I missed you, too." She responded.

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin told her as they broke the hug.

She then reached over and put her fingers in Dustin's mouth.

"Teeth." She said.

"What?" Dustin asked.

"You have teeth." She told him, making me wonder when he didn't have teeth.

"Oh. You like these pearls?" He said and then made a weird purring noise that seemed to shock her.

"Eleven?" Max asked as she walked over to the girl. "Hey. Um. I'm Max." She said as she held her hand out to Eleven. "I've heard a lot about you."

She ignored Max and walked right by her without saying a word. She walked over to Joyce who pulled her into a tight hug.

"Hey. Hey, sweetheart." Joyce said to her, causing Eleven to start and cry again.

"Can I see him?" Eleven asked her.

Joyce sighed and led her away and into Will's room where they had placed him. After a short while with Will the two of them walked back into the kitchen where Joyce showed her the message about closing the gate.

"You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asked her.

"Yes." She answered.

So this was her fault. She opened the gate. I thought.

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Joyce asked her.

"Yes." Eleven answered her.