Chapter 32

Once school was over I headed to the gym where the rest of the cheerleaders were. Everyone was stretching and getting ready for practice. When I walked in Chrissy ran up to me.

"You made it." She said.

"Trust me I am just as surprised as you are." I answered her, causing her to laugh a little.

I smiled at her realizing she thought I was joking.

"So today all you are going to be doing is watching and getting the feel for what we do. Tomorrow once you have the persimmon slip filled out you will be able to join in." She told me as if we didn't go over this before.

"No problem." I told her.

"So we normally warm up with some scratches, then a lap around the track then in the field to get the blood pumping. After that we head to the field in between the track and practice.

"Okay everyone lets get outside!" The captain yelled out causing everyone to jump up.

"What's her name again?" I asked Chrissy.

"Cally." She answered.

"Cally?" I asked her at the stupid ass name.

"Yeah, like as in California. Apparently she was conceived there or something." She said and the two of us laughed.

She didn't seem that bad. Maybe the two of us could even be friends.

As the group of us made it outside my eyes instantly scanned the parking lot. I quickly found Billy's car. He was leaning on the back of it with that bitch Chris. I stopped walking and was about to storm over there.

"What's wrong?" Chrissy asked.

Before I could answer her the two of them got in the car and sped away. I was so pissed that he left with her that it took me another second to realize Max wasn't with them.

"Are you okay?" She asked again.

"No I'm not. I have to go." I told her.

"You can't we have practice." She said.

"Look, Billy just left without my little sister. I have to find her and make sure she's okay. Then find a way to get us both home." I told her as I tried to walk away but she followed after us.

"Where the hell are you two going?" Cally yelled after us.

"It's okay, I don't want you to get in trouble. Go back to practice." I told her.

"If you skip the first practice she's going to kick you off the team." She told me.

"Then she can kick me off the team." I snapped then hurried to Max's school.

I ran into her school and walked up and down the halls looking for her. I was starting to get worried. Where the hell is she? I thought as I turned the corner and then saw her standing there pounding on a closed door.

"Hello? Hello?" She was yelling. "Guys, come on. Can I come in yet?" She yelled at who was on the other side of the door.

"No!" A boy yelled from the other side.

"Max what's going on?" I asked as I walked over to her angry that someone was benign mean to her.

"Leslie?" She asked as she looked at me in surprise.

"What's going on? Who's in there?" I asked her.

"My idiot friends." She answered as she started pounding on the door again.

"What kind of friends would lock you out of a room?" I asked her.

"You don't understand it's not like that." She told me.