Chapter 81- Eddie's POV

I walked into the dinner to grab mine and my uncle's order. We ordered here often; it was cheap enough that we could get a good meal and the food didn't suck. I held my head down not wanting to draw attention to myself. A lot of kids from school hung out here. It was bad enough I had to deal with them all day. I didn't want to deal with them here.

"How can I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked me when I walked up to the bar.

"Order for Eddie." I answered her.

"Let me go check on that." She said as she hurried over to the window that looked into the kitchen.

It didn't take her long to return.

"It's going to take a few more minutes. Why don't you take a seat and I'll bring you a coke while you wait." She told me.
"Thank you, mam." I responded as I took my seat and within seconds I had a nice cold coke.

I sat there hoping the food would hurry up so I could get the fuck out of here. I started to drum my fingers on the bar when I heard it. I heard her voice, Leslie was here. I turned to look for her and I saw her standing up from the booth where she was sitting. I couldn't help but smile, she was standing on her own. She was struggling but she was up and moving. I stood up to go over and congratulate her but stopped when she got into the booth next to someone else. She slid in next to the guy she was with.

She wasted no time pulling him into a hug. They were talking to each other but they were facing away from me so I couldn't hear what they were saying. It took me a second longer to realize she was with Steve. She was with Steve because I asked him to bring her to therapy today. I watched as he leaned his head on her shoulder, and she leaned back into the booth. It seemed like the two of them were completely comfortable together.

"Are they together?" I thought as I stood there watching them. "Are they dating?" I wouldn't be surprised he's Steve Harrington and Leslie is fucking amazing why wouldn't they want to be together? Did I do this? Would they have ended up here on their own or did I push her to him. After what happened at school today, I decided she wasn't worth the trouble, but I really did not like seeing the two of them together.

"Order for Eddie." The lady called out as she held my bag out for me.

I quickly grabbed it and hurried out of the restaurant before Leslie could see me. I had no idea what to say to her. Just a few hours ago I decided to keep my distance from her. But now I feel like that's the wrong decision.