Chapter 83

I spelt better last night than I had in a while. I was in a much better mood when I woke up. I was out of the wheelchair, I was going back to school on Monday and Steve was back in my life. I didn't realize until last night when he showed up to pick me up how much I missed him. He had quickly become an important part of my life. He was a friend, a true friend. I thought back on everything we had been through and truthfully, I'm not sure when it even happened. When he went from being an acquaintance to a friend. Truthfully, he was probably the best friend I had here in Hawkins. If things went good today, I would also fix things with Eddie before it spirals the way the drama with Steve had.

I grabbed my crutches and made my way out of my bedroom. I had to take a shower before Steve got here. My mood instantly soured when I opened my bedroom door to see Billy sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal. I looked around the quiet house hoping to find someone else. Someone to talk to so I didn't have to pretend like I didn't see him sitting there.

"There's no one here." He said as he looked up from his bowl.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I stepped out of my doorway.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know." He snapped before staring back into the bowl of cereal.

"Sorry that I asked. Are you done in the bathroom? I need to take a shower." I asked him.

"Why are you going out?" He asked as he sat up straight.

"Yeah, I'm being picked up at noon." I told him. "So, are you done?" I asked again.

"Going where? With who?" He asked.

"Not that it's any of your business but Steve is picking me up and driving me over Eddies." I answered him knowing it would upset him.

Truthfully, I wanted to upset him. He lives to make everyone else miserable; he deserves to feel the same way.

I watched as he bit the inside of his cheek trying to hold back whatever it was, he wanted to say.

"Spit it out." I told him before he bit a hole in his cheek.

"What the hell are you doing alone with the two of them?" He snapped.

"Fucking them! First Steve then Eddie. Maybe both at the same time!" I yelled at him.

He slammed his fist down on the table making the bowl rock enough that some of the milk spilled.

"Are you! Are you fucking them!" He yelled at me.

"Oh my god Billy. No! I was just trying to get a rise out of you." I answered feeling offended that

he actually thought I was.

"Well considering what everyone has been saying about you and Steve I wouldn't be surprised."

He said.

"What the hell are you talking about? I haven't talked to Steve in weeks." I reminded him.

"Everyone is talking about the two of you last night at the diner. I got three phone calls last night alone from friends concerned that my sister is out whoring around!" He yelled at me.

"I'm not doing this with you. Steve and I are just friends and anyone who tells you differently can go to hell!" I yelled at him as I turned to limp my way to the bathroom.

I made it all the way over there but struggled with turning the knob to open the door. I was new on the crutches and I did not know how to balance on only one crutch.

"For the love of god." Billy said as he got up from his seat and walked over to me.

He quickly reached around my waist and turned the knob, opening the door for me.

I looked back at him surprised that he helped me and even more surprised that he was still standing there. I was very aware of how close he was to me. I could feel the heat radiating off his body.

"Thank you." I said as I pushed the door open.

"Do you need help showering?" He asked as he smiled at me.

"If I do, I'll make sure to call Steve." I told him as I slammed the door in his face making sure to

lock it behind me.

The door shook as he punched it in response to my reply. I listened to him storm away and only relaxed when I heard the front door slam behind him.