Chapter three

*Kelebogile's story*

*Chapter 3*

Last night when I got here in the club the boss toldme to rest and get myself ready for tomorrow. Sge said i have a big client and i had to impress her. We were sleeping in the middle of the night when an alarm went off. Were we being robbed or what? I didn't care about that. I went back to my sleep. Just as i was putting my head down my door opened. Wendy, One of the girls i work with came in.
Wendy:get up. This is our chance to get out of here.
Me:what's going on?
Wendy:we're free. Let's go.  There's no time to go. Or else we will be left behind.
I got up and took my backpack. I may leave everything but not my backpack. We ran down the hall and went to the back door. A mini taxi was waiting there.
Wendy:get in!
I got in and closed the door. The driver roughly drove out. Tears couldn't stop falling. I don't know whether it's tears of joy or what. It was a very long drive. I even got tired of sitting.  We finally arrived where we were going. We were shown to our rooms. I shared with Wendy and other two girls. When i got on the bed i immediately fell asleep. It's the first time in a while i slept for so long. I was even the last one to wake up. I went to the bathroom and found new toiletries and used them. I finished and went to join the others. They were already eating.
Me:good morning.
Them:morning/hello
I took a seat and dished up. I couldn't eat. I started having flashbacks of how this life that i live started.
Woman:why are you not eating?
Me:im just thinking.
Woman:oh
Me:why are we here? I don't want to go back to my old life. It started like this. That woman was nice like this and started changing. I didn't mean to offend you. But i can't pretend that im not scared of being here.
Woman:I've already introduced myselfto tge others. Im Sizakele. I own this place. I help women who have nowhere to go or have been abused. There are people who work here. They help those women get through everything. My brother in law,my husband's brother  asked if i could accommodate you abd the others here. He's the one who got you out of that place. Im sure he'll be here soon to see you. He has something to discuss with you. Feel free around here. You have nothing to be scared of.
I just nodded. It's not easy to just trust someone you've just met. You will thinkthat the person is helping only to find out they have a hidden agenda.

It's been a while since we arrived here. The others went back to their homes and the others remained. I also remained because i have nowhereto go. Sizakelehas been good to us. And im really grateful for everything she has done for me and the others. I don't know where i would be. Maybe i would be dead. The man who got us out of the place ended up not coming. Apparently he went out of the country on business. I heard he's coming today. So I've been waiting for him to come. Siza comes and tells me that her husband is here to fetch so i can go and meat the man.
Siza:you can take your bag with you.
It's not like i have anything. I only have a backpack of my documents and the clothes  that Sizakele bought for me. I followed her outside and a car was waiting for me. I got inside the car and he drove off.

Me:where are we going?
Man:my brother sent me to fetch you.
Me:who is your brother?
Man:you will see him
After about an hour or so we stop at a building and he gets out and opens the door for me. I follow him as he goes in and I keep walking behind hiM.A guy comes rushing to us and they whisper to each other.
Man:my brother  is not here right now.he had something to take care of.i have to take you somewhere.
Me:take me back to where you took me .
Man:that wont be necessary.
Me:if you don't mind me asking,what happened to that woman at the club?was she arrested?
Man: place is no more,it has burnt down.
Me:what!
Man:yes,even your boss burnt in it.You are free.
Me:…..i didn’t know what to say.
Man:what you have to do now is give me copies of your id,matric certificate and I willsubmit it to the company where I know they give out bursaries .Everything else is taken care of.
Me:I didn’t apply for anything.i don’t even have a place to stay.i don’t have the financial means to go to school.whats your name?
Man:call me Tebza. My wife said you showed her your results and they are impressive. So she applied for you have been accepted for a BA course. You just have to study and make  something of yourself.You will stay at res.
Me:I’ve always been interested in criminology.i would like to study BA majoring in criminology.
Man:that’s interesting.consider it done.You are starting next week.And we are here.
He stops the car in front of a complex.We take a lift and it stops at the second floor.
Man:this will be your place from now on.Rent is paid for until you move into res.
Me:thank you.i don’t believe this.From being a prostitute to this.im free!
Man:don’t mess this chance up. So you only have to study hard or you will see yourself back in that place. And all those ladies you worked with are safe.
Me:im not going to mess this up.This is my chance to make something of myself.
This is once in a lifetime opportunity. I pray that I don't mess up. I'd be stupid not to make use of this opportunity. Im going to work hard so that i can give my little brother and i a better life.