Chapter thirty four

*KELEBOGILE'S STORY*

*CHAPTER 34*

*AMAHLE*

Kelebogile came to take me out for lunch. I've been indoors so she thought it would be a good idea for me to go out. But we didn't go very far. Just to a restaurant the same street as my home.
Kele:you've been so quiet..
Me:i have a lot in my mind.
Kele:Themba is going to be fine and you will get married.
Me:i feel like the universe is against us.
Kele:look at me. I never thought me and Mandla wou ld be where we are now. It was not easy. His father and wife along with their children don't like me. But we didn't let that get to us. Even though ut got to me Mandla helped me get through that. As long as your fiance stands with you everything will be fine. You can help be the one who tries to make peace between him and his parents but if that fails then you will have tried. No one can say you came between them.
Me:you are so wise.
Kele:I'm not. I just learn from what i go through. And your in laws are always going to talk. Just don't take what they say to heart. They will always have something to say. Just focus on you and your husband. And your child. You will be alright.
Me:wow. Now i feel like I'm being given marriage advice. You speak like how Themba would.
Kele:use this advice. It will help you.

We heard laughter behind us. I looked and it was the traitor i used to call a best friend. She saw that i saw them and stood up and came to our table.

Her:Hi Amy.
I always told her not to call me that. Now it annoys me even more.
Me:what do you want here?
Ziyanda:i just came to say hi. Oscar told me that you can't make it to our anniversary party. It would really mean a lot if you didcome.
Kele:fortunately she won't make it. You heard that? Fortunately. Meaning it's a good thing that she's not coming.
Ziyanda:why though? I thought you were not getting married anymore. I mean i didn't even see anyone preparing at your place.
Kele:oh that. She is getting married this weekend to the love of her life. They just moved the wedding to his hometown. We would invite you to witness two people who love each other  becoming one. But you have your anniversary party.
Ziyanda:oh so this is like her bridal shower?
Kele:argg. Now you ruined the surprise. I brought her here so that they can finish the decorations and planning the surprise bridal shower at home.
Ziyanda:mmh.
Kele:yeah. But still she will enjoy.
Ziyanda: i guess you will miss out then.
Me:believe me i won't.
Ziyanda:it was nice seeing you.

She looked like she was a bit angry. I knew she wanted to brag.
Kele:Zandi wait.
Ziyanda:it's Ziyanda.
Kele:yes. Tell your husband to stay in his lane. He's a married man. He shouldn't be getting angry when his ex is about to get married. Tell him to accept it like a man.
Ziyanda:what are you talking about?
Kele:oh you didn't know? The other day he was telling my sister how he loves her and that she shouldn't get married.
Ziyanda:oh you mean getting married to a man she snatched from another woman?
Kele:oh yeah. Just like you snatched your husband from her.
Ziyanda:what's different is they were not married. She stole a married man.
Kele:so that means you still follow her life. Get a life. Being bitter doesn't suit you.
Ziyanda:you're not going to be happy with something built on another woman's tears.
Kele:same to you. And i thonk the cracks are already showing.  Your husband still loves his ex which happens to be her. If i were you i would focus on making my marriage work instead of sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

Ziyanda left looking angry. I looked at Kele and laughed.

Me:wow. Thanks for coming through for me.
Kele:you did the same with that Siba.
Me:yoh i had forgotten about that one.
Kele: your ex bestie is furious. Friends we keep.
Me:she can be angry for all i care. What was she doing here. She even disturbed us from our lunch.
Kele: le ena she's too forward. Who invited her to throw her two cents here? She must play far from you.