Chapter thirty one

*KELEBOGILE'S STORY*

*Chapter 31*

*NARRATED*

When Themba arrived at his hometown he called his ex wife to hear what's happening.
Themba:which hospital are you in?
Nhlamulo:they discharged him. They said it's nothing serious.
Themba:you made me drive from Joburg to Limpopo only to tell me that?
Nhlamulo:your child was sick. What did you want me to do? I didn't make these kids alone.
Themba:nxa. Where are you now?
Nhlamulo:at our place.
Themba:your place not ours. Anyway I'll be there soon.
"Nxa. She just wasted my time. I could be doing something with my time but she lies to me."
He said that to himself. He drove to her place and parked his car outside the gate. He went and knocked on the door and when she opened for him he froze where he was standing. Music was playing and there were roses on the floor.
Nhlamulo:welcome home. I've cooked for us.
Themba:did you really have to use my son for your stupid games? Do you know how worried i was?
Nhlamulo:this was the only way i could get you here. Come in.
He went in and sat on the couch.
Themba:what do you want from me? I told you from the start that i don't love you and i didn't want this marriage!
Nhlamulo:so what do you expect me to do? Throw away all the years that we've been together? How am i supposed to move on?
Themba:i told you that you can see other people. I never stopped you.
Nhlamulo:i love you.  I don't want anyone else. What did she give you that's making you crazy? Is she after your money?
Themba:what money? Didn't you take everything?
Nhlamulo:we can take that money and leave with our kids and start over somewhere else.
Themba:are you listening to yourself?
Nhlamulo:let's do this for our kids then. You can even take Nathi and we'll raise him together.
Themba:voetsek! Voetsek man! Is Nathi your child or he's mine? I thought maybe i would talk some sense into you but it looks like you're crazy.  I'm going to fight for custody of my children!

Nhlamulo:you're not getting them. It's either me and the kids or that homewrecker!
Themba:don't do that with me. You won't win.
Nhlamulo:we'll see.
Themba:don't ever call me for something stupid. Or i swear you will regret it.
Nhlamulo:oh? Are you you going to kill me just like your father killed my father?
Themba:if there's something going on with the kids you will call my brother.
Nhlamulo:i didn't make these kids with your brother.
Themba:im done here.
Nhlamulo: Themba. If i can't have you then she can't have you either. I'm not going to allow it.
He left not answering her.  He went to his home because his brother said there's something important they have to talk about. When he got there he was surprised to see that even his parents were there.
Themba:i thought I'm here to talk to you.
Brian:yes. But they have something they want to say to you.
Mrs k:we are sorry for everything that happened. We are sorry for forcing you  to do things that you didn't want. But it was for the best.
Themba:no. It was all for you. Not me. So what am i doing here?
Mr k:we know there's no easy way to say this.  You know when...
Brian:please get to the matter. Beating around the bush will not help.
Mr k: i am your father. Your biological father.
Themba:what are you talking about? My father died long ago.
Mr k:my brother couldn't have children so i had to step in and help as his brother. You and Maria are not his biologically. I'm sorry we hid this from you. It's traditiion. We couldn't tell you.
He couldn't talk. He didn't know what to say? What could he say about the bomb that was just dropped?
Mr k:i understand how you must be feeling. I am very sorry.
Themba:why didn't you tell me after your brother passed away? It would have been better. I'm getting married this weekend and you tell me this? How do you think I'm feeling now? No. You don't know how i feel.
Mrs k:we are very sorry for everything. Please forgive us?
Themba:you want me to forgive you but you can't accept the woman that I love? I'm sorry but i can't. I don't want anything to do with you two.
Mr k:we will try to accept her. We will do anything you want.
Themba:but there's a condition right?
Mr k:you'll have to take her as your second wife.
Themba:i knew you were going to say this. But count me out. I don't want to be part of that. Anyway you're welcome to come to the wedding. On Saturday im paying lobola and on Sunday it's my traditional wedding.
Mrs k:so fast? Why don't you have the wedding later?
Themba:me and my wife prefer it that way.
Mrs k:can i plan the wedding with your wife?
Themba:i don't know. She's been planning for about a month.
Brian:at least talk to her. I'm sure she will agree. Please.
Themba:i will see what to do. But this does not mean i will forget about all your lies. Bye.