Chapter one

Chapter 1
Today it wasn’t busy at work and I knocked off early.i get into the shack that im renting in Diepsloot.i finally got out of that evil woman’s house and got my own place.its not that good or safe.But it is way better than being under that woman’s watch.Even though there is a high rate of crime here I am surviving.i gather all the things that I bought for my brother.Tomorrow is his birthday.i decide to make food for myself.i put a pan on the prima stove and sit down on top of a bucket keeping myself busy with my phone.Soon I hear a commotion outside.”vimba!vimba!”Those are the residents shouting for a thief to be caught.i get out to look at what is going on.i see people running after a man and the street is already full of people. I know that wherever they catch that criminal its done for him.They are going to put a tyre on him and set him alight. I know that he has done wrong  but I really feel sorry for him. Imagine seeing people burning you and you are just looking at them.By the time I go back to my shack I see smoke coming out. I run there I see that its burning.i scream loudly.where am I going to sleep now?this is the end of me.im back to sleeping in the streets.All my things gone in flames.i rush inside not caring what might happen to me.i hear people shouting for me not to go in but I ignore their pleadings.i go straight to the backpack that has my important documents.Thank God it hasn’t caught fire.i take it and run out.i breath loudly and cough. Someone gives me water and I gulp it down.
Woman: can I take you to the clinic?
Me:no im fine.
Woman:you are not fine.Let me take you to the clinic.
Me: I'll be fine.
Woman:okay. But at least come and sleep at my place. You have nowhere to sleep now.
Me:I'll go to my relatives.
I can't sleep at her place. Even though I have nowhere to go I can't go with her. I don't want to get her in trouble. If that evil woman I call my boss finds out im staying with this woman she might do something to her. I rather sleep under a bridge. I try to speak but my voice fails me.i breath in and out for a few minutes. my phone rings and its work.they want me to come back to work.A client is waiting for me.i take a taxi to town and then another one to the club where I work.when I get to the club my boss is already waiting for me.
Me:sorry im late. I had a problem.
Boss:you are seeing a client wearing like this?
Me:I have nothing to wear.My shack burnt down with everything.
Boss:and how is that my problem?Go to the rooms upstairs. Someone is waiting for you. 
I run away before she could even say something more.i get there and find a woman busy moving dresses.Maybe today I get to wear one of these nice dresses. If only it was on a different occasion.
Me:hi.
Woman:hey.come and lets start.im Kele,your stylist.
Me:oh.im also kele,nice to meet you.
Woman:whats a girl like you doing here?if I saw correctly this is sort of a brothel.
Me:I work here.
Kele:you are a prostitute!?
Me:you don’t have to judge me.i didn’t choose to be here.
Kele:im sorry if it seems like im judging.why are you not leaving?
Me:there is no way out of here.now lets get to it.
…….
Kele:and..we are done!
Me:thank you.Just a warning,please stay away from this place.i know that woman.she will start by making you trust here and you will end up like me.Please don’t accept any business from her anymore.
Kele:thank you.if you don’t mind me asking,do your parents know that you are doing this?
Me:I don’t have parents.
Kele:I could swear I know you from somewhere or you look like someone I know.
Me:thank you.im sure we are done here.
Kele:yes.it was nice meeting you.
I walk out and my boss is there waiting for me with the client.i follow him to where he is going and He opens the door and we go in. I don't know what to do. I've never done this before.
Client:i can see you are nervous. This must be your first time doing this.
Me:erh..i ...
Client:relax. We won't do anything.
Me:so you paid your money for nothing?
Client:it's not for nothing. I get to spend time with you.
Me:okay. Why do you come here? Don't you have a wife at home waiting for you?
Client:no. I always come here for drinks and i see you. You're so young to be sleeping with men. What happened?
Me:don't judge me! You don't know my story. Im leaving...
Client:what will you tell your boss? Where will you get the money to give her? Come and sit down.
I sat down and just cried. I started thinking about my life and where i will end up.
Client: how about i help you escape this place?
Me:did she send you to find out if i plan on escaping again?
Client:im trying to help here. I will come back in a few days to help you get out of here.
Me:why not today?
Client:i have to plan first.

That day i didn't sleep with that man. I was happy that he didn't force me to sleep with him. Before he left he told me he was going to come back. But he didn't. My boss came with new clients for me to sleep with. That was the start of my struggle. I was treated like a sex object. I even had to go back to her backroom. I waited abd waited until two years passed with no sign of that man. I gave up thinking that he will come.